E.D. 62/68/12 writeup....

Yes its an 03. Maby Chris could chime in and clarify on that cover. I thought he said it was a race cover, I could be wrong.

It is not a race cover, RJ knew that the 3rd gens were not done yet.

Buddy, you will get a call as soon as we have them ready.

Adam, They weren't going to run more fuel in the truck as far as bigger injectors or modded pump. The 3.73's and the 35's RJ runs kept the turbine side tight and our 62 compressor in it for spool up.

I'm on 35's and stock sticks and stock CP3 as well. You think I should stick with the 62mm as well? I'll NEVER tow, but I don't want a laggy turbo. I have a centrifugal blower on my Vette, and it's a great way to understand lag. Just put it in too high of a gear (since its impeller speed is in direct correlation with engine RPM) and instant lag. I'd like this to come alive pretty quickly, but also like to come somewhere near 550hp if stock fueling can do that. Am I dreaming?

And yes, Chris quoted me a price. It's a little more than I wanted to spend when I was looking at the 62/65/12 from another place, but if it's worth it I'll save up of course.

Justin, give me a shout and we will come up with a package for your buddy's truck. Chris

Adam, We can go over your truck's set up if you shoot me back an email detailing it or give me a shout 616-608-2977

I was just more curious who made it than anything. Most headers i've seen the gains aren't worth the dent they put in your wallet. I'm assuming you have one? What's it for 12v, 24v, CR? What's the damage?

that's my truck... 150-200* EGT reduction datalogged on the dyno

12v, 24v, or CR

It is not a race cover, RJ knew that the 3rd gens were not done yet.

Buddy, you will get a call as soon as we have them ready.

Adam, They weren't going to run more fuel in the truck as far as bigger injectors or modded pump. The 3.73's and the 35's RJ runs kept the turbine side tight and our 62 compressor in it for spool up.

Sweet!!!
Chris I know you and I discussed twins for my truck.... but I think Ive got the boss lady slowed down on that Taj-Ma-Camper she was wanting!:hehe: Still gonna do it but gonna be awhile... so till then id like to get a race cover for the 64 you built me.

Chris can you give us alittle info on the race covers, like what advantages it has over a normal cover?

Thanks man!!

Agreed. And exactly what makes something a "race cover" compared to a regular cover?

Jebus.......wanna buy one

Good Luck!...
Those are the headers which Greg Hogue was selling and are made by another company down in Texas.I have been waiting on one from Greg since last March when I first emailed him after seeing Forrest's pics he posted way back then.I even checked with him as late as August and still have not received word if anymore were made and available.I have even emailed the gentleman who makes them directly(he had emailed me direct after I asked Greg about them the first time) and yet still no word on the header or its availability.

You would have a better chance finding a needle in a haystack than getting one of those headers........Andy

Fueling is a stock CP3, 90hp sticks (dunno make, were in truck when bought). Running smarty on REVO sw7. Tried the TNT on sw3. Truck made a terrible popping noise so went back to REVO sw7. Dont know what was going on there. May play with it more after the snow clears

What timing setting were you trying? Try 4 on Timing, if it pops try 1 on Timing....

Sweet!!!
Chris can you give us alittle info on the race covers, like what advantages it has over a normal cover?

Thanks man!!

Buddy
The race cover on the S300's is the same AR as the standard 0.55AR Borg Warner cover (Sorry Forrest). The improvements come on the inlet, which now has a velocity stack inlet to direct all the incoming air into the bore. The second part is the Map width enhancement groove is moved slightly. Third the inside exducer to volute area is opened up and contoured to enhance some flow as well. The result is some increase in flow over the same size compressor. The original cover used on these was never intended to do what we do with them. Taking a few air flow cues from other areas and applying them to the cover was the thinking. Every little bit adds up.

Chris

Attachments

• 62-68 ED.jpg
    62-68 ED.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Agreed. And exactly what makes something a "race cover" compared to a regular cover?

Adam, In the S400 world there is a 0.63 AR stock sized cover and a 0.66 AR "Race" cover that are the most common S400 covers to give you a little background on the term.

There is a few larger AR covers for the S300 chassis but they haven't caught on in our sport much. We call them "Race-less" covers.

well, the flow tricks certainly help flow even w/ the same A/R, and "race cover" is in the forum lexicon now, so why not run with it :D

here is the thread on my ED S62/68/13ss with the race cover. you can see the difference between a standard cover, and the race one. like stated above, the race cover allows a larger a/r compressor, and smooths the flow of air into the compressor, makes the wheel flow more but does not hinder spoolup. i love my 62 that chris built me. i did dyno my truck with the 62, i did 444hp, and like 895 on torque, my truck is way down on power, i now know why, i have changed the fueling a bit, and changed the injectors. i still have a pump issue, leaning twoards a sticking barrel/plunger, or delivery valve. should be getting some new delivery valves for christmas, and i will be taking the full cuts out, and putting in some .024's. i gave the truck a heavy dose of power service, and lucas upper cylinder lube, and it has helped the problem a good bit, but it is not right. i am going to try and dyno with the current setup, but don't know for sure. will dyno with the new DV's soon.

Wes