E.D. 62/68/12 writeup....

What is the "sweet spot" in the compressor map on this turbo?
And would 90hp sticks get too hot on this 62/68/12 on my common rail?

Programming and pump will have a big effect on the heat. I'd run the 64 to start with.
Chris

What? You just suggested a 62 to me, and I just sent you funds! Help me out dude. Do you mean the 62 is okay for stock sticks?

We have seen some 90's run really hot depending on whose injector's, the programming and what level pump. I remember our conversations Adam. The taller tires and auto, with the stock sticks and pump. I wouldn't change your compressor. Chris

But if you are going to add 90's on a newer CR like yours, I'd want to know before we send it out and we can change the compressor. Guess I should have added that to the other response.

But if you are going to add 90's on a newer CR like yours, I'd want to know before we send it out and we can change the compressor. Guess I should have added that to the other response.

How many lbs per minute does the new super 62 wheel flow in comparison to the 64mm wheel?

Oh heck, if I decide to change the sticks I'll get with you on bumping up compressor wheel size I guess. I wanted the room to move to 90's if I so chose, but not soon anyway.

Haven't gone over 1000* yet with 90hp sticks. Although no stacking, single smarty with REVO. Not pushing it too hard with programming yet.

for the most part we know that a bone stock 62 will flow around 65lbs. a min, and the 64 is around 75 lbs. a min. Chris tols me when i bought my s62/68/13ss that with the super 62 wheel, and the race cover, the flow will be around 70 to 72lbs. a min on a good day. so it falls just about dead inbetween the two. mind you now you are getting more flow, yet retaining the good spoolup of a 62, not that the 64 is slow by any means. i still am very happy with my turbo that chris built me, i have been, and still am chasing fueling issues for last year or so, i remember when had the 66/65/14 on the truck, the smoke would never clear up on the top end, didn't even try, and now with the 62 on there, it will clean up good down low, and some of the mid range, but the top end is alot less smoke, and i know that 62 wheel is not cleaning more fuel up than the 66 did. sooo the last thing i got to do is get the pump benched and find out what is wrong with it. it will be very intersting to see what this charger will really do with a good amount of fuel thrown at it. oh and sorry to get off topic!!!

Wes

i want some room to grow, eventually i will twin it with the turbo i wanna get.... but it all dpends on if i can get my mulah in order

for the most part we know that a bone stock 62 will flow around 65lbs. a min, and the 64 is around 75 lbs. a min. Chris tols me when i bought my s62/68/13ss that with the super 62 wheel, and the race cover, the flow will be around 70 to 72lbs. a min on a good day. so it falls just about dead inbetween the two. mind you now you are getting more flow, yet retaining the good spoolup of a 62, not that the 64 is slow by any means. i still am very happy with my turbo that chris built me, i have been, and still am chasing fueling issues for last year or so, i remember when had the 66/65/14 on the truck, the smoke would never clear up on the top end, didn't even try, and now with the 62 on there, it will clean up good down low, and some of the mid range, but the top end is alot less smoke, and i know that 62 wheel is not cleaning more fuel up than the 66 did. sooo the last thing i got to do is get the pump benched and find out what is wrong with it. it will be very intersting to see what this charger will really do with a good amount of fuel thrown at it. oh and sorry to get off topic!!!

Wes

are your boost numbers close to how it used to be? what is your AFC set up like?

x2, I thought I remembered hearing the super 62 flows almost the same as the standard 64.

It flows less than the BW 64 ETT but is an improvement over the std BW 62 ETT and an even bigger jump over the non ETT 62's many people are running still. The numbers we have seen were 64lb/min for the 62ETT and 72lb/min for the 64ETT and 80lb/min for the 66ETT with the new 62 wheel being just over 70lb/min in a 2nd gen race cover from test stand flow results during the development process. We have only heard great things from everyone running them about the spool up.

when I get around to it i'm going to pull my fuel plate out all together from my current 887 pump and see if tightening the gate of the 13 housing results in more than 48ish psi. Eventually a worked 911 180 pump will find it's way on the truck so we'll see how she does with fuel. I also want to plumb a pressure fitting for pre injection pump pressure which is long overdue. Once the weather cooperates (damn snow) and I have some time and quite being lazy i'll chime back in.

The driveability of this charger is terrific though that's for certain!!!

It flows less than the BW 64 ETT but is an improvement over the std BW 62 ETT and an even bigger jump over the non ETT 62's many people are running still. The numbers we have seen were 64lb/min for the 62ETT and 72lb/min for the 64ETT and 80lb/min for the 66ETT with the new 62 wheel being just over 70lb/min in a 2nd gen race cover from test stand flow results during the development process. We have only heard great things from everyone running them about the spool up.

So it sounds like really no point in getting the 64 when you can get the 62 race cover which will flow at about the same as the 64, but give you better spool, unless theres a big price difference between the 62 w/ race cover and 64.

Until more track times and numbers (hardly any right now) are presented with this charger I don't think that concusion can be drawn yet. Just my 2 cents.

So I have tryed to fallow these turbos to see how Poole like them. And from the sou ds of it everyone does. So what does a 64-68-13 costs?

Oh heck, if I decide to change the sticks I'll get with you on bumping up compressor wheel size I guess. I wanted the room to move to 90's if I so chose, but not soon anyway.

having room to move is great and all, but over the years, I have come to the opinion that having the right turbo for the combo is the way to go... yes, it'll cost you a little to upgrade the turbo later, but in the mean time the truck will run as good as it possibly can... and if the thing runs great, there's less of a rush to make more changes.

I got my truck about 16 months ago. My plan was to do injectors, pump, etc. within a few months... and The first turbo I put on it was a 66. I even had the tranny built w/ a converter spec'd for a 66. It wasn't that fun to drive. I swapped out the 66 for a 62, and the truck was really fun to drive! Then I swapped out the loose converter for a tight one, and the truck was even better. The turbo and converter swaps didn't cost me anything.

The truck runs so well now, I just don't feel the "need" to make any changes. Sure, I'd love to make more power, but I just can't bring myself to un-ass the money :(