E.D. 62/68/12 writeup....

not quite sure Dave, i know Lloyd is busy all the time. i haven't been able to get ahold of him here lately. i would like to try and dyno before i change out delivery valves to see what these injectors gained me, soo im hopin sometime after christmas. ill keep you posted. where about's are you in good o'le Maryland? im in Frederick off of rosemont ave. right across from FT. Detrick, and there is another member just up the road on 7th street, Rob Bell (rbell on here) that drives a commonrail.

Wes

I'm out in Pylesville close to Bel Air ... Last I heard from Lloyd he was gonna have a dyno day sometime. When you hit the rollers again let me know I'd like to see that charger in action

Wes...
You should be ashamed of how your under hood looks when they post a picture of your charger....LMAO!....LOL.....Andy

I should have given Wes some advanced warning that he was getting exposed.

it is quite alright Chris. it's not the prettiest thing out there, but it's good enough for me!

Seeping oil, blowing soot, turbulent road debris.....Ive not seen many that were truly spotless.

it is actually a leak free 12 valve! quite rare, but it was just resealed completely except the rear main seal as of last winter when i blew the head gasket.

I've driven on mine quite a while and towed with it. so far i'm very happy with it and it's a definite no suprise much more fun to drive than the previous S468 it replaced, although it obviously doesn't pull like the s468 did. Lights around 1500-1600. I haven't done much in the way of tuning for wot power though as of yet. I think down the road i'll add a larger turbo underneath this for a nice fun to drive twin set. Something with the 83/74 turbine wheel more than likely for quick spool!

In the mean time I plan to pull out the fuel plate in my 215 pump and see if boost increases from 48-49 I was seeing to more after tightening the waste gate. Upon tightening the gate with a custom plate I made similar but a bit fatter than a 100 plate I did not see boost increase from 48-49. I have been a bit lazy and don't have any drive readings so far.

p.s. As it sits now locking up in 2nd gear the truck will spin tires to about 70 mph!

I've driven on mine quite a while and towed with it. so far i'm very happy with it and it's a definite no suprise much more fun to drive than the previous S468 it replaced, although it obviously doesn't pull like the s468 did. Lights around 1500-1600. I haven't done much in the way of tuning for wot power though as of yet. I think down the road i'll add a larger turbo underneath this for a nice fun to drive twin set. Something with the 83/74 turbine wheel more than likely for quick spool!

In the mean time I plan to pull out the fuel plate in my 215 pump and see if boost increases from 48-49 I was seeing to more after tightening the waste gate. Upon tightening the gate with a custom plate I made similar but a bit fatter than a 100 plate I did not see boost increase from 48-49. I have been a bit lazy and don't have any drive readings so far.

p.s. As it sits now locking up in 2nd gear the truck will spin tires to about 70 mph!

Nick, does your turbo have the race cover?

Sweet, don't be afraid to spin the rollers with it before you swap ppumps. :)

Ha, man i'm a cheap SOB when it comes to dynoes man. I doubt that would happen maybe after but not before.

I'd be more likely to make a trip down the drag strip than anything. We'll see.

What size exhaust housing are you running?

What is the "sweet spot" in the compressor map on this turbo?
And would 90hp sticks get too hot on this 62/68/12 on my common rail?

sweet! im going to be running alot of fuel later on and i want to be able to take advantage of it.

sweet! im going to be running alot of fuel later on and i want to be able to take advantage of it.

Depending on your definition of "a lot of fuel", you probably will want to look into a slightly bigger exhaust housing. I am very interested in how hot it is going to get on my truck with the 12 housing, but I may have to wait a bit before I get hooked onto 15k to find out.

im thinking the 14 or 13 housing not the 12. my definition of alotta fuel is 5X16's and .022 Dv's and not afc/fuel plate.

oh yeah and the barrels are racked.