ECM Programmers ?? and Secret Squirrel Chit

I'll test it after work. I can only get up to around 43-44 psi with my single, but I can at least tell ya if it is good to there.

If I had time I could rig up my extra stock sensor and my PXT sensor into a jig and charge them both with 60psi from my compressor and tell you if they match. I don't have time this week. Maybe in the future I can help ya out. Shouldn't take but an hour and a few fittings. :D

The PXT sensor I'm using is 0-60 so that would work. I also have some 0-100s if you want to see how long 'til she blows. LOL

Oh I wouldn't put to much time into it unless you really wanna! I have a manual 0-60psi gauge hooked up to my primary turbo, I can just switch it to the secondary turbo and see if it pegs it or not...

I got to go get the boy in 15 minutes. I'll go see what it does on the way to get him. Back in 30 min. I just added the MAP to the log file.

Well, that didn't work out. LOL

I wish I could run WOT and watch the display...but I can't. I was certain the MAP read correctly. It sure don't above 18 on the log. I now remember that the Edge does some "boost fooling" to keep the engine from throwing a code. So for boosts above the standard 18 psi (stock max or so) the Edge must be calculating the boost. I really don't know how that works. It'd be nice if someone from one of the programmin' outfits will open up to me. :D

MAPTest.jpg

Factory map sensors are good to 38~42 psig. Some are linear 0-38, some are linear 0-42. The majority tested are accurate to ~41psig.

Well, that didn't work out. LOL

I wish I could run WOT and watch the display...but I can't. I was certain the MAP read correctly. It sure don't above 18 on the log. I now remember that the Edge does some "boost fooling" to keep the engine from throwing a code. So for boosts above the standard 18 psi (stock max or so) the Edge must be calculating the boost. I really don't know how that works. It'd be nice if someone from one of the programmin' outfits will open up to me. :D

MAPTest.jpg

Hey thanks, that sounds like what is happening. The edge is feeding the ecm a max of 18psi.

Factory map sensors are good to 38~42 psig. Some are linear 0-38, some are linear 0-42. The majority tested are accurate to ~41psig.

Good info. Thanks.

I floored it and watched the MAP readout today...the MAP readout on the Edge Attitude will hit 43 psi...the readout coming from the ECM maxed out at 17 psi. Boost FOOLER. :D

I finally got the "capture" program to work. I'm going to go out and save a mile or so of data on the way home. If anyone wants to see a demo, I'll be able to replay the info on the display from a laptop just as if we were driving the truck. :D I love it when crap works. The bad thing, it took me about a week to get to here....one tiny termination resistor missing was screwing me. LOL 120 ohms of fail. LOL

Is that the 120 ohm resistor that you read about, to make the CAN Bus function. What ECM are you using, a Dodge Cummins or just a Cummins. Have you been able to read the Engine Codes from the OBD11 port. Are you using the complete wiring harnace from a Dodge, thats if you have a Dodge ECM. Sorry about all the questions.

Is that the 120 ohm resistor that you read about, to make the CAN Bus function. What ECM are you using, a Dodge Cummins or just a Cummins. Have you been able to read the Engine Codes from the OBD11 port. Are you using the complete wiring harnace from a Dodge, thats if you have a Dodge ECM. Sorry about all the questions.

It is all good. :D That is how you learn.

I'm using the factory Cummins ECM that came with the truck (not sure what you mean by "Dodge/Cummins). That bus is terminated in several spots so it wasn't causing me any heart burn. I was having trouble getting data from the Murphy XM500 module (my boost, drive psi, oil psi, and exh temp). The reason is, when I pulled the bus off my display, I was losing the termination internal to the display. Apparently, the E-Com capture pods are not internally terminated.

I guess it would have to be a Dodge Cummins then. :D

Ok, if you are using a Murphy gauge you can see the codes on the Cummins bus. I have installed a 2001 Dodge Cummins in my van but have been unable to read Codes from the Dodge send/receive pins from the OBD11 connector. Have chased this problem all over the place. If you arnt using the total length of the original wiring loom, there seems to be a transfer problem which at a gess is facted into the Protocol transfer of the data signal. ( MAYBE ), as this is were I am at now. Because I am only useing 2/3 of the harnace and no PCM, this maybe my problem. But back to you,did you have any luck with Bob Wagner. The last trail I was on RE info on data transfer was trying to contact a Professor from one of your UNIS. I had his name on Linktem but could not get a private message going. Those techs learn is stuff somewere, so you may have to go to the source your self. Hope some of that helps. Like your work that you have done .

Ok, if you are using a Murphy gauge you can see the codes on the Cummins bus. I have installed a 2001 Dodge Cummins in my van but have been unable to read Codes from the Dodge send/receive pins from the OBD11 connector. Have chased this problem all over the place. If you arnt using the total length of the original wiring loom, there seems to be a transfer problem which at a gess is facted into the Protocol transfer of the data signal. ( MAYBE ), as this is were I am at now. Because I am only useing 2/3 of the harnace and no PCM, this maybe my problem. But back to you,did you have any luck with Bob Wagner. The last trail I was on RE info on data transfer was trying to contact a Professor from one of your UNIS. I had his name on Linktem but could not get a private message going. Those techs learn is stuff somewere, so you may have to go to the source your self. Hope some of that helps. Like your work that you have done .
Are you sure that you have the high/low data wires in the proper pins of the data port?

We may be talkin' apples -n- oranges. I'm not using the ODBII port. I'm hooked to the diagnostic plug on the harness just behind the ECM (where my Edge also plugs in). I have not researched the ODBII bus at all. The Cummins bus needs to be terminated at the end with a 120 ohm resistor and should also be ran with 120 ohm, sheilded cable. If not, you may be getting noise either conducted or emmited from other engine or dash components. Make sure your ODBII port has +12V. A lot of folks have had trouble blowing that fuse. I wish I could help ya more. All I know is what I've figured out....which is only how to make it work...not why it works. :D

I have gotten nothing more from Bob except I was going to try to meet him at TS...never met him so didn't learn anything. I also wanted to catch up with Brayden from Fleece but never took the time to go and find him and chat about it. I don't think too many folks want to discuss things like this...trade secrets...proprietery info....don't know. It ain't rocket science.

The murphy will display the codes fine. I just haven't figured out how to program it to clear them. I just need to get the state machine code from a buddy and put it in and try it.

Are you sure that you have the high/low data wires in the proper pins of the data port?

Yes checked the pins lots of times, also have very good wiring diagrams. Went as far as buying engine, firewall, under dash, wiring harness to see if I was missing anything. I have about 7 ECMs here of which I tried to bench test using a CarDAQ-Plus pass thru divise as well as my scan Gauges. Still no luck. There seams to be a problem re in chassis and out of chassis communication which I haven't been able to nail as yet.

So I got bored yesterday. :D (I love getting bored)

I wanted a screen that kept track of "maximum values" so at a glance I could see what the max's have been without downloading the log file and needing a computer to weed through the data. I made this screen.

Each gauge takes the new data and compares it to the saved max data from the last reading. If it is larger, it replaces the old data. If not, it discards it. This leaves me with a digital and bar graph of each max reading. When I want to clear them, I hit one button and it clears them all.

I love the blue bars! This is on "simulate" so the data is going nuts and is not reflective of any reading out of the truck.

Lef top to right bottom:
Boost, Drive, Intake Temp, EGT, RPM, MPH, Oil Press, Water Temp.

MaxValues.jpg

Looked at the picture before i read it was simulated, i was jealous of your quadruple overdrive... 2000rpm at 120mph.

Posted via tapatalk if you know what i mean

Looked at the picture before i read it was simulated, i was jealous of your quadruple overdrive... 2000rpm at 120mph.

Zero oil pressure would have stopped the game quick!

Looks very boring Jory!

Zero oil pressure would have stopped the game quick!

Looks very boring Jory!

Just pretend its an 7.3 idi, mine ran next to no oil pressure its whole 262,000 mile life.