ECM Programmers ?? and Secret Squirrel Chit

2000 rpm @ 120 mph with no oil pressure and water temp of 32? :hehe:

Working on adding a "max compressor vs turbine" differential and also the "ratio" of the two. I'll see how it works at lunch time. :D

DiffPressures.jpg

Next addition.....need to get a 4-20ma ambient air temp sensor. I can only read the ambient temp on the overhead console. The only way to get it into the log is to add a seperate sensor. I don't have the smarts to get it from the CCD bus.....especially since no one in the industry will log on here and share any trade secrets with me. Losers. LOL

A few updates. I've been playin' with stealin' images off the interwebs. I think I got the differential pressures and ratio of boost vs. drive equation correct now. I also added an "ambient air temp" readout. I found a temp probe in my desk and am currently setting it up. I think I'll place it in the turbo inlet tube after the filter. That way I can read exactly what the temp is pre and post compressor without any interference from the motor and wind through the grill. Then I can tell how much my turbo is heating the air before it gets to the AIT sensor which is already logged. I'm having way too much fun. :D

MaxValues-1.jpg

I just need a picture for AIT reading and EGT...but I got some ideas.

Anything you guys can think of that would be either cool or useful...let me know. I'm open for ideas.

Found the images I wanted. :D Yes it only shows a single stack...make fun of me...I dare ya. :shake::Cheer:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Max Values.jpg
    Max Values.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 0
I don't see pucker factor on that gauge?? Thats a very important parameter.

Posted to CumminsForum via autoguide for iphone.

It is animated when running. :D

I think the kudi-graw (sp?) would be to display a diagram of the entire engine and place the little numbers where they are located.

Got the ambient air temp sensor workin' last night. I tapped the VCC on the analog module to power it. I placed it just inside the filter in the turbo inlet tube. Seems to match up to the overhead reading pretty well most of the way to work. Once the motor got warm, it only gained about 4 degs over outside. I can now see the difference in the air temp going through the filter and what it is at the intake manifold. At 71F outside (praise the Lord it cooled off today) at normal crusin' about 70 mph, the air gains a total of 18 deg between the filter and the AIT sensor....unless the AIT isn't isolated from heat soak and that is not truely accurate.

So here's the first attempt as any type of actual diagram. It shows air temps and pressures. If anyone has any cool diagrams, I'd love to see them and maybe use one. This is the first one I found using Google images that was worth looking at. I can replace the diagram with another in seconds and just move the digital gauges where ever they need to move.

AirDiagram.jpg

I don't see pucker factor on that gauge??
I think a butt dyno would be worth the effort. :hehe: I could set it to max out at 499.95 hp like Tylers old rig. :hehe:

Last edited:
One day Jory your going to wake up with half a squirrel on your face LOL

Welp...new truck....time for a different look. :D

Almost got the display to match the factory guages. Needs a bit more "tuning" but close.

New gauge 2.JPG

New gauge.jpg

New gauge 3.jpg

Meh... Grade school work lol

Just bustin your balls. Keep up the good work!

Been doodlin'. :D

I think this will mesh well with my stock instrument cluster.

Day.

attachment.php

Night.

attachment.php

Attachments

• New Gauges.jpg
    New Gauges.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 0
  • New Gauges Night.jpg
    New Gauges Night.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 0
I'm just hoping I can hack SPN 523, Transmission Current Gear off the bus.

251=Park
-1 = Rev
0 = Neutral
1= 1st
6 = 6th

I hope I can get to it. :D The dash only shows the "highest gear allowable" as set by the tow haul mode. This should actually show what gear it is in. I can make the little box dance around number to number depending on what value the SPN reads.

I'm calling drive pressure "brake" pressure now that I have a exhaust brake. :evil