ECM Programmers ?? and Secret Squirrel Chit

The CAN-C bus is good...the normal, to the dash, junk. I wonder if Dodge has a tool to hook to that port and check it out. It IS under warranty at this point. RPM is the highest resolution of any parameter. It seems like it would be the first to go....probably a priority on the bus thing.

Cummins classifies the RPM as the most important variable, like you said they give it the highest priority, and will be the last one to drop off. Warranty can be a good thing, how much longer do you have?

Last edited:
You know... Now that you've mentioned it Dan. We did have one awhile back that Insite would only read RPM and some other parameter that I can't remember. Pretty sure it was on an FL-80 Freightliner.

We should find out this weekend. Just happen to be stayin' at a buddie's place and he "may" be able to bring an Insite home for the weekend. :evil

So when are you going to figure out how to reprogram the VP44 computer to allow us to adjust timing and fueling tables... LOL

Thats what I want!

I just sold my VP44 truck. I no longer give a crap about you all. :hehe:

Confirmation email just now. We have the Insite for tomorrow and Sat. Now...to figure out how to use the dang thing. Jeff, you got a tech on call this weekend that uses one daily? :poke:

Don't you have a 6.7L around you can try this on? LOL

I just sold my VP44 truck. I no longer give a crap about you all. :hehe:

Confirmation email just now. We have the Insite for tomorrow and Sat. Now...to figure out how to use the dang thing. Jeff, you got a tech on call this weekend that uses one daily? :poke:

Watch it!

Watch it!

:hehe:

I jest...I jest....

Took a little off the top, some off the sides,.... got the cost down to $367 per online quote. Dammit that is a lot of $$$ for a piece of plastic. But is sure will look sessy!

3ndDraft.jpg

Good luck. Don't get your hopes up.
You have the tech number brother.

What program do you use for your rendering? I want it and learn how to use it.

It's about 7 grand a seat. One of the perks for also doing drafting at work.

How's 'bout Oak? LOL

4thDraft.jpg

Last edited:
Oh Jesus... Never mind I withdrawal my statement. Why can't I learn cool chit like that? :bang:

You know... Now that you've mentioned it Dan. We did have one awhile back that Insite would only read RPM and some other parameter that I can't remember. Pretty sure it was on an FL-80 Freightliner.

And the ECM failed!

DUDE!! SLDPRT my email address. Would it fit inside a 8x8x6" cube? If so, I can print it.

DUDE!! SLDPRT my email address. Would it fit inside a 8x8x6" cube? If so, I can print it.

The long dimension is 12 inches. However, I can split it into two parts and build some pins into it so I can simply glue it back together.

Doug Gilbert AKA PSDPlayer has one...

Mucas gracias, sir.

When I get it all tweaked I'll send out a few stl files and see how much it will cost me. :D

Probably getting a new, rear panel, mounting one this weekend....and touch screen. :evil We'll see about that.

Oh Jesus... Never mind I withdrawal my statement. Why can't I learn cool chit like that? :bang:

Of course you can! Don't ever think that. Get in college, get an edumakesion, and get hired on where they have cool stuff.

Of course you can! Don't ever think that. Get in college, get an edumakesion, and get hired on where they have cool stuff.

I went to college. I was an idiot about it. Wasted my money, all I learned from it was how to use cummins insite, the other computer chit, and a few class 8 tid bits. The rest was a huge waste of my time, money, and faith in man kind. I'd give anything to redo that.