ECM Programmers ?? and Secret Squirrel Chit

Rear mount is where it's at. And I finally remembered how to take an image and project it onto a surface in a model. :D

5thDraft.jpg

Do you know what I would do with that program? I would never stop making things.

Do you know what I would do with that program? I would never stop making things.

Remind me to show you the list of project folders on my external hard drive on Sat. :hehe: The stud walls in my house are modeled for cryin' out loud. The cabinets, the deck, log splitter, etc. Craziness I tell ya.

Remind me to show you the list of project folders on my external hard drive on Sat. :hehe: The stud walls in my house are modeled for cryin' out loud. The cabinets, the deck, log splitter, etc. Craziness I tell ya.

So basically if I ever need to model something I dial yo numba?

Will Insite work on the new trucks? I thought it quit working on Chyrsler stuff when they made the switch to CR.

So basically if I ever need to model something I dial yo numba?

Yip. I can export to any file a CNC or plasma or 3D printer can make. :D

Will Insite work on the new trucks? I thought it quit working on Chyrsler stuff when they made the switch to CR.

We'll find out soon enough. I've heard it does and it don't. I tend to believe my brotha from anotha mother, Snedge, that it don't.

The million dollar questions is : "if it don't, what the hell device do I use to tell it what parameters to transmit out the J1939 diagnostic port?" That is the question no one has been able to answer.

I used to work with a guy that used to work at cummins in columbus in the engine development program/warranty. He actually said he had a patent on one of the contrl schemes for the CR(who knows if he did). Anyway he hooked up to my VP truck with insite, and used something else on a CR.
He had some pretty good info/situations to back up what he was claiming as well.

I am saying different software.

I am saying different software.

And I'm saying can you please forward my email address to him and ask him if he'd mind answering a few "non-patent infringing" questions about it for me?

I've asked at least two dozen folks that I figured would know and nothing.

I don't think insite is going to work. Been a while since i was interested, but as far as i know its a chrysler calibration and scoring a scan tool and capturing the messages would get you further.

I have scored a scan tool and I can capture the mesages....the problem is, the J1939 port only gives me coolant temp and RPM.

How to I tap in and tell the ECM to transmitt more parameters to the J1939 port? What tool do I use? The DRB won't work on these trucks either will it?

I have scored a scan tool and I can capture the mesages....the problem is, the J1939 port only gives me coolant temp and RPM.

How to I tap in and tell the ECM to transmitt more parameters to the J1939 port? What tool do I use? The DRB won't work on these trucks either will it?

Isn't the new one like a star scan or something like that?

That sounds familiar. I wonder where the hell I can find one of those? I really hate to call the Dodge place. They'll say "huh? what are you talking about". :(

That sounds familiar. I wonder where the hell I can find one of those? I really hate to call the Dodge place. They'll say "huh? what are you talking about". :(

Ebay!

I do know that my CTS will read all of the parameters I want. :) It also has its own mount. LOL

Ebay!

I do know that my CTS will read all of the parameters I want. :) It also has its own mount. LOL

O hush. You know I won't spend $600+ on a monitor that I can't make a water harp playin' coon the background if I want! LOL

Starscan located. I'll either hook it up and look at it at lunch today or tomorrow at the track. ;)

Star Scan.....................

Star Scan is old and slow, also no longer supported.
Star Mobile replaced Star Scan then Wi Tech Pod replaced Star Mobile, which is a laptop based tool like the newer Insite.

Jory, you might also check with Pittsburg State. I don't know if they do any custom printing but they have the equipment. They also have a plastics lab that may be able to help you. If you want it perfectly smooth I would build in some tolerance for using body filler because that plastic sands like crap.$.02

And I'm saying can you please forward my email address to him and ask him if he'd mind answering a few "non-patent infringing" questions about it for me?

I've asked at least two dozen folks that I figured would know and nothing.

I dont talk to him anymore, haven't in probably 6 years. He is kind of a scum bag anymore from what I gather.

Sorry

Jory, you might also check with Pittsburg State. I don't know if they do any custom printing but they have the equipment. They also have a plastics lab that may be able to help you. If you want it perfectly smooth I would build in some tolerance for using body filler because that plastic sands like crap.$.02

Great idea. Thanks.

I dont talk to him anymore, haven't in probably 6 years. He is kind of a scum bag anymore from what I gather.

Sorry

I don't like scum bags. :D