ECM Programmers ?? and Secret Squirrel Chit

Starscan shows everything is "good". Enabled the "high idle" also. Nothing pertaining to the J1939 bus though. :( No codes, no troubles.

If anyone has a way to covert 11-bit PID's to J1939...I'm all ears! LOL

The long dimension is 12 inches. However, I can split it into two parts and build some pins into it so I can simply glue it back together.

Mucas gracias, sir.

When I get it all tweaked I'll send out a few stl files and see how much it will cost me. :D

Probably getting a new, rear panel, mounting one this weekend....and touch screen. :evil We'll see about that.
Split it and shoot me the STL. I'll run it through the slicer and see if it will work to print.

Getting closer to sending ya a file, Branodn. :D It is getting real up in here....reeeeal complex. LOL Everything is a drafted extrusion, revolved cut, swept cut, loft, curve, or fillet. I think I've used almost everything in the book except "surfaces" which I don't remember a thing about.

Also, I know we've exchanged emails before, but I can't for the life of me find your address. PM me if-n-ya don't mind.

6thDraftb.jpg

6thDraftc.jpg

6thDraft.jpg

I just reduced the shell thickness to .020" and then chopped the top off it. I then ordered this much of it just to use as a test fit from Shapeways.com. It cost me $14.00 plus $6.50 shipping. So for $20 I can get the lower half of the part and see it it will actually fit in my console hole. I've done about all I can as far as test fitting 1:1 paper print outs go.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Test Fit.jpg
    Test Fit.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 0
Looks like I'll just be going with turbo pressure, drive pressure, intake pressure, and exhaust temp from my XM500 module. I think reverse engineering the CAN with my funds and knowledge of it are now out of the question. Dodge and their propietary PID's and encryption can kiss my pinky toe :(

So I was able to talk to the ECM and BCM this weekend. Getting closer. :)

Would love some additional info on Chrysler's block numbers and data bytes returned. :poke:

So...I've got the laptop to toggle the fog lamp enable back and forth. Yay!

It is time to get back on decipherin' the PID's from the ECM.

New idea. I'm going to drive a small relay to enable the e-brake when I start my truck. I'll have on the touch screen "auto" or "manual" mode. If I have it in "auto," it will enable on start up.

Or I could do it through the OBD port if anyone has the ability to tell me what PID it is!?!?!?!

Is there not a freakin' soul that knows out there on this forum???????????????????????????

When I figure all this out...I'm gonna be worth millions. :hehe:

Last edited:
I just reduced the shell thickness to .020" and then chopped the top off it. I then ordered this much of it just to use as a test fit from Shapeways.com. It cost me $14.00 plus $6.50 shipping. So for $20 I can get the lower half of the part and see it it will actually fit in my console hole. I've done about all I can as far as test fitting 1:1 paper print outs go.

attachment.php

Question.

Do you just send them the file and they make you the part?

Daniel

Daniel,

I just uploaded the newest configuration to the site. Here is the list of the prices and materials.

Notice they can also do stainless steel...but you'll pay for it!

I'll stick with White, Strong, and Flexible just like myself. LOL

attachment.php

Attachments

• Console3.jpg
    Console3.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 0
Yip. Go to Shapeways - Make Share Your Products with 3D Printing. Make a log in. Then upload your .stl file. They will review your file and make sure it is printable. Then you can go back and select what material you want and pay. It will show up at your door.

Ok, That is what I wanted to know. Is there an option in Solid Works to save the part as a .stl file or did you have to convert it?

Wow the Stainless is rediculous. What configuration did you upload? I'm guessing the whole display mount. I'm going to check into this.

Thanks

In solidworks, just go to "save as". Select ".stl" from the pull down. Then hit "options" in the bottom right before you hit save. You can select millimeters or inches. It doesn't matter which one you choose, but remember which one it is saved in. Shapeways will ask you which unit it was created in.

Yes, that price above is for the whole thing. I had shelled it way out to make it thinner and then cut the top half off it just to test fit in the truck. It cost me $25 delivered or something like that. Full part will be around $300 when and if I can every order it.

I also just cut it in half and sent it down the hall to one of my co-workers. If his little machine can print two halves I can always glue them back together then sand and paint. $.02

Last edited:
Yup. You're welcome. Welcome to my world. More ideas than time or money. LOL