ED s62/68/13ssWRC writeup and pics!!

Buddy
Depending on when you do the swap. At the moment we haven't made a run of the cover's for the 64 compressor (I explained some of the "why" earlier in this thread). We have enough requests for them that they will be built from the next casting run. Keep in touch and we will get you one, we can take the cover we used for your build in on trade when we do. Chris

Will do Chris!! You have a Email on the way.....

In reference to Hammer's above post, I thought the afc needed to make full rack travel around 30-40 psi? Have you tried the 180 gov spring in the afc?

Lets keep the thread on track and not battle about fueling and other crap. Im still waiting on someone to dyno this new charger. I can barely crack 600 with twins .. I may go single

if you can't crack 600 with twins then maybe it's not your turbo's that are the problem

once again Kronic187 you don't know what you are talking about, don't post something unless you know what your talking about! Rick has made over 600hp with his setup many times, he was merly suggesting that there seems to be so many trucks primairly from the west coast that are claiming 600hp or more with single chargers, in the 62-64 variety, if they can do it, why can't anyone else?

and i'm supposed to be able to read this thread AND his mind and know what he's talking about ? gimme a break

what does it say ?

"can barely crack 600 with twins"

i can see what is going on, i just don't see how him having twins with all that air "barely" breaking 600, switching to a single and being happy.... unless all the truck is, is a dyno queen....

but hey, i'm just a dumbf*ck from canada, what do i know.

just here to learn, like everyone else....

:cheer:

i'm just happy to finally see a shop willing to work with people on getting a turbo that is "right" for their build.... not a "tick,pay and recieve" like it has been (as stated somewhere earlier)

Last edited:
Dave, Andy Sorry for the delay. The cover has shown close to 10% over the std 0.55AR Borg Warner compressor cover when set up properly. The S366 ETT compressor is spec'd at 80lb/min. Given the generous build and machining tolerances in stock form, those number's are bound to vary (and not likely in an upward direction).

Dave you should drop spool rpm over 66/71 due to the wheel profile, reduction in turbine size and increase in compressor flow.

Chris

Thanks for the info Chris! Your turbos seem to be getting ALOT of attention! :bow:

once again Kronic187 you don't know what you are talking about, don't post something unless you know what your talking about! Rick has made over 600hp with his setup many times, he was merly suggesting that there seems to be so many trucks primairly from the west coast that are claiming 600hp or more with single chargers, in the 62-64 variety, if they can do it, why can't anyone else?

its a west coast thing. LOL

Garrett

It doesn't matter where your at if you take your time and have patience you can make over 600hp with a 64mm charger. It not a east, west, south or north thing. Where not any better that anyone else.

It doesn't matter where your at if you take your time and have patience you can make over 600hp with a 64mm charger. It not a east, west, south or north thing. Where not any better that anyone else.

I can't take reading these posts any more. I'm getting some marking compound and going to work with a few fuel plate setups to see what I can find and if I can uncover 100hp (11.80s with 62mm charger). Like you said, you guys are not special lol. The track times that are being reported do reflect the hp that you guys are reporting from dynos I just want to see what i'm missing. To be continued......

Well I've loosened up the afc a bit by pushing it full forward and also adjusting the afc arm height to the middle (still run the stiff stock governor spring) and this turbo has come alive. I'm also fulling with a custom plate I made but can't really tell if that is responsible for any gains thus far as I haven't done the afc and plate individually. Still haven't taken any drive readings or touched the waste gate and only seeing 48psi max so far. Last night on the way home from work decided to mash it and lock the converter to see what I got. Fricken truck spun tires to 70mph!!! Ofcourse the weather was a near perfect 58 degress but it's never run like that at lower engine speeds before. She seems to be coming on about 1600-1700rpm. Have more tuning to do and will begin my own thread as said before. Just figured i'd update in the mean time.

Truck does run out of steam above 3100rpm though. Ofcourse now i run 181 dv's vs. the previous 022s, 20 degrees of timing vs. the previous 26, and the plate vs. no plate previously.

I can't take reading these posts any more. I'm getting some marking compound and going to work with a few fuel plate setups to see what I can find and if I can uncover 100hp (11.80s with 62mm charger). Like you said, you guys are not special lol. The track times that are being reported do reflect the hp that you guys are reporting from dynos I just want to see what i'm missing. To be continued......

What he said...

Anything is possible, I had a 911 pump with full cuts,Mack plug and 4ks flow 700cc's. I sure couldnt belive it but sometimes freak things happen. Everything on the pump was normal untill after 20mm of rack then it dumped fuel. Bad thing was the barrels had wear and it was anywhere from 620 to 700cc's across the beakers.

Bump

Anybody towing with a 62/68?

I tow a #12,000 30' travel trailer all over the USA (when I can).

I just went to Kentucky (Daniel Boone Nat'l forest) from Illinois.

I'm running a set of Westons 5x.012", 19* timing, 100 plate, EDs 62/68/14.

Been running the ED 62/68/14 since August this year and its by far the best turbo for Daily Driving and towing. I have ran a 62/65/14, 64/71/14, and a 64/74/14.

I have a S475 to go under it this winter.

Can you tell us how it compares? I have a 62-65-12 and it sucks for towing. Is your truck a stick or auto?

Can you tell us how it compares? I have a 62-65-12 and it sucks for towing. Is your truck a stick or auto?

My 62/68/14 was originally a 62/65/14. I talked with Chris at E.D. and this is the turbo we put together. I have talked about it so much that Chris called me and said that they were selling a bunch of them and that they were going to call it the "PipeFitter model"LOL.

He took the 62/65/14 I had laying around and put their "Super62" compressor wheel in, the 68mm turbine wheel, their race cover and their wastegate actuator rod.

As far as towing, it spools about 50rpm slower than the 62/65, but cools SO MUCH BETTER!

My truck was a stick, but I converted to a Full Billet Goerend 47rh right before the last camping trip.

FWIW, my wife can drive the truck, pulling the camper and I can sleep without having to worry that the motor will melt.

At what rpm do you pull and at what rpm does the turbo start cooling? How much fuel are you running?

yes im use to the poking of fun, i will take you up on that Lloyd, hopefully we'll get a good saturday and ill bring the 4BT destroyer to the "heart breaker"LOL do i have to wear the shirt???!

Wes

So you really think you have what it takes! LOL