ED s62/68/13ssWRC writeup and pics!!

Lets see some numbers! :pop:

Is the price going to remain a secret, only special people can get the turbo? nobody will even reply to those posts..

Is the price going to remain a secret, only special people can get the turbo? nobody will even reply to those posts..

Yes, very special indeed. Special enough to pick up the phone and ask lol. Better to get the answer from the source then the friend of the uncle of the sister of the nephew;)

Forrest has sent me a stock unmolested elbow to use and I will report how hard this thing works at wot! Until than I can only put around for fear of housing another one of my ghetto fabbed elbows:(

Yes, very special indeed. Special enough to pick up the phone and ask lol. Better to get the answer from the source then the friend of the uncle of the sister of the nephew;)

Forrest has sent me a stock unmolested elbow to use and I will report how hard this thing works at wot! Until than I can only put around for fear of housing another one of my ghetto fabbed elbows:(

are you gonna hit the track/dyno with the new set up or just go off the seat-o-pants meter? either way looking foward to the results

man, it's just common good manners to not discuss that kind of thing publicly, especially when products are fresh to market... call the manufacturer IMO

man, it's just common good manners to not discuss that kind of thing publicly, especially when products are fresh to market... call the manufacturer IMO

Why? Are they doing something they shouldn't be? Didn't know prices should be kept secret for a company selling a part.

Thanks for the PM's..

are you gonna hit the track/dyno with the new set up or just go off the seat-o-pants meter? either way looking foward to the results

I may hit the dyno. My days on the track are done for now. I'm getting tired of the fricken neighbors walking by saying "damn you working on that thing again" LOL

I may hit the dyno. My days on the track are done for now. I'm getting tired of the fricken neighbors walking by saying "damn you working on that thing again" LOL

LOL I know the feeling my whole fam are die hard chevy fans so I hear that every time I pop the hood.

I am not sure why you left so early Saturday from our weekend show as I had you lined up as someone was going to take care of your dyno run since you forgot money to dyno.I looked for you after lunch after I got it all arranged and you were among the missing.You would have your baseline already for the new charger if you wouldn't have done a Houdini act on me...LOL

Chris....
So then answer me this...
What gains are you saying there are to be had going to the "race" cover from the standard S300 cover for the 66mm charger?.....Andy

Yeah I'd like to know the flow a 66/68 has with a race cover and then with out a race cover. Seems like some may go this route instead of a set of twins. Notice how I said SOME MAY, not all.

I guess we need to pick up the phone and call too....:poke:

Anyone know the flow rate ofa 66/68 with a race cover? Spool up compared to a 66/71 with a regular cover?

:doh:LOL

Why? Are they doing something they shouldn't be? Didn't know prices should be kept secret for a company selling a part.

Thanks for the PM's..

sometimes fresh to market setups may go cheaper to create some buzz... it's always good manners to contact the manufacturer of something that doesn't have a distributor network IMO

sometimes fresh to market setups may go cheaper to create some buzz... it's always good manners to contact the manufacturer of something that doesn't have a distributor network IMO

Understood, I've just seen a number of threads/posts on this turbo now and figured it was pretty well set.

Got the boost elbow from Forrest (thanks for coming though my brudda huge help!!!). Hammered on it tonight and with no adjustment i'm seeing between 45 and 48 psi and tire spin! Judging by the way the boost gauge moved from 48 to 45 looks like gate was opening. Going to get the drive pressure gauge out and get to work hopefully maybe some this weekend and then will start my own thread.

glad I could help get you up and running... like I said, I know what it's like to be in a bind! I've had people help me out, just gotta keep that karma circle turning :)

good to hear nick, i now need to adjust the afc a little bit, i had it pretty tight for the 66 to help control the smoke down low due to slow spooling, and now it can take a little more fuel, i can't even leave a small could of smoke before it starts to clear up, and i mean clear up! i never could clear up the smoke with the 66. this charger is very fast for a journal bearing charger!

Wes

good to hear nick, i now need to adjust the afc a little bit, i had it pretty tight for the 66 to help control the smoke down low due to slow spooling, and now it can take a little more fuel, i can't even leave a small could of smoke before it starts to clear up, and i mean clear up! i never could clear up the smoke with the 66. this charger is very fast for a journal bearing charger!

Wes

a lot of people fail to realize that even with enough fuel to light a charger, if you crank up EGT's getting it lit, you're left with higher EGT's and smoke once it's lit

I guess we need to pick up the phone and call too....:poke:

Anyone know the flow rate ofa 66/68 with a race cover? Spool up compared to a 66/71 with a regular cover?

:doh:LOL

Dave, Andy Sorry for the delay. The cover has shown close to 10% over the std 0.55AR Borg Warner compressor cover when set up properly. The S366 ETT compressor is spec'd at 80lb/min. Given the generous build and machining tolerances in stock form, those number's are bound to vary (and not likely in an upward direction).

Dave you should drop spool rpm over 66/71 due to the wheel profile, reduction in turbine size and increase in compressor flow.

Chris

I have one of chris's 66/68/13ss with race cover and spool-up is awesome. I honestly cannot tell much of a difference between it and my old 62/65/14 B-1
Nothing like the horror stories i have heard about the 66. I also had a buddy bust a input shaft and had to go get him with the goose-neck and it towed great (first time also since the p-pump conversion).

Chris, I finally got that WGA off for ya! LOL

might be sending you an S300 soon for the tall 62 wheel and the 68 turbine :cool:

Jeff
Thanks for the interest. We build these to order after gathering information and going over the options in an effort to build you the best charger we can. The prices will vary depending on what we end up with through this process. We feel a better end result comes from this process. Even within a specific charger sizing, 62/68/14 for example, the build can vary to enhance a certain parts combination, driving style or previous charger dislike.

Feel free to contact me if you want us to get one started for you. 616.608.2977 Chris

About your other post, Building chargers this way could be looked at as something we aren't supposed to be doing by some. The truck build's, mod combination's, intended use's and driving habits are more complex than ever now. You deserve more than "click here/pay now/receive box" out of your next charger when trying to match those parameters.

I gotta say, I've done very little business w/ Chris, but I've bent his ear on the phone a number of times, and he's gotten me out of a bind while refusing money.

I've gone a different route w/ my 06, but the next BW based charger I have built will DEFINATELY come from ED!!!!!