ED s62/68/13ssWRC writeup and pics!!

Chris...
So what are you saying with this statement,the 62 and 66 wheeled chargers that are out there are inferior without this cover?.If thats the case then do you have a race cover for a 2nd gen 66mm charger available?.........Andy

Inferior? Never. It had to start somewhere and its no secret that of the 3 common S300 compressors the 64 was the sweetheart. That being said, its still not for everyone. The 62 and 66 have their place and if the 64 is strong as is, the other two looked to be the better starting point. Yes the 66 cover is available in 2nd Gen as Wes pointed out there is a picture of it on here. Chris

On my truck I'm at 2000rpm at 80mph and my speedo has been corrected to within 1mph. 35" tire, 3.54 gear, auto tranny. At 70mph I'm about 4-5psi of boost.

well i got to play a little bit this evening, i saw 50psi with no change to the spring tension, the smoke seemed slightly less than before on the top end, but it just may be me, it is definatley alot less in the lower, and mid range, and the breif run that i made egt's were at 1500*, but it took longer to get there than before, soo that is a plus, hopefully i will get the fuel systme to what i want it to be, ditch these junk 370's for a set of 5.014's, and set of .022 delivery valves, and that will help egt's some. im going to drive the truck to work tommorow, should have some more info for you guys!

Wes

I wouldnt change anything untill it went on a dyno to see if it made an increse.

well i got to play a little bit this evening, i saw 50psi with no change to the spring tension, the smoke seemed slightly less than before on the top end, but it just may be me, it is definatley alot less in the lower, and mid range, and the breif run that i made egt's were at 1500*, but it took longer to get there than before, soo that is a plus, hopefully i will get the fuel systme to what i want it to be, ditch these junk 370's for a set of 5.014's, and set of .022 delivery valves, and that will help egt's some. im going to drive the truck to work tommorow, should have some more info for you guys!

Wes

Good deal man thanks for the update!

yea, i just might have to give Llyod a call and make a dyno appointment....

I wouldnt change anything untill it went on a dyno to see if it made an increse.
yea, i just might have to give Llyod a call and make a dyno appointment....

I am not sure why you left so early Saturday from our weekend show as I had you lined up as someone was going to take care of your dyno run since you forgot money to dyno.I looked for you after lunch after I got it all arranged and you were among the missing.You would have your baseline already for the new charger if you wouldn't have done a Houdini act on me...LOL

Chris....
So then answer me this...
What gains are you saying there are to be had going to the "race" cover from the standard S300 cover for the 66mm charger?.....Andy

what did you pay for the 62/68 if you dont mind me asking i am wanting to go the 62 route also but dont want to call ed until i know i have the money sounds like a bad @$$ turbo

I am not sure why you left so early Saturday from our weekend show as I had you lined up as someone was going to take care of your dyno run since you forgot money to dyno.I looked for you after lunch after I got it all arranged and you were among the missing.You would have your baseline already for the new charger if you wouldn't have done a Houdini act on me...LOL

Chris....
So then answer me this...
What gains are you saying there are to be had going to the "race" cover from the standard S300 cover for the 66mm charger?.....Andy

Yeah I'd like to know the flow a 66/68 has with a race cover and then with out a race cover. Seems like some may go this route instead of a set of twins. Notice how I said SOME MAY, not all.

Yeh, I was pretty stoked about seeing this thing in action. I am the one that offered to pay your way, all you had to do open your jacket and show me that shirt you wanted to show me earlier in the day..... lol :D

Stop by one evening and I will get you in on the "Heartbreaker".

Yeh, I was pretty stoked about seeing this thing in action. I am the one that offered to pay your way, all you had to do open your jacket and show me that shirt you wanted to show me earlier in the day..... lol :D

Stop by one evening and I will get you in on the "Heartbreaker".

just wondering but do you and the ED guys have a beef with each other? i have took notice that you seem to chime in on alot of there threads, not that i care but allways lookin for a good face off at some big diesel show. ya know 1 truck 2 chargers that would be cool. and you would have your answer.

just wondering but do you and the ED guys have a beef with each other? i have took notice that you seem to chime in on alot of there threads, not that i care but allways lookin for a good face off at some big diesel show. ya know 1 truck 2 chargers that would be cool. and you would have your answer.
Really?? When I have something say, I do not beat around the bush. No beefs here, I have spoken with them a time or two and do not believe they have any hard feelings towards me either. I have only went in one of their threads in the past. And the only reason I came in this one was to poke at Wes, not ED

As for Wes we have known each other for about 7 years and have turned wrenches with him numerous times. He knows I am just poking at him. :D

Really?? When I have something say, I do not beat around the bush. No beefs here, I have spoken with them a time or two and do not believe they have any hard feelings towards me either. I have only went in one of their threads in the past. And the only reason I came in this one was to poke at Wes, not ED

man i wish evrybody played that way :Cheer:

As for Wes we have known each other for about 7 years and have turned wrenches with him numerous times. He knows I am just poking at him. :D

allthow it would be cool to have some of the well known companies start competeting at shows kinda like the biker build offs or pinks , but on the dyno and no titles :rockwoot:

yes im use to the poking of fun, i will take you up on that Lloyd, hopefully we'll get a good saturday and ill bring the 4BT destroyer to the "heart breaker"LOL do i have to wear the shirt???!

Wes

well after the drive yesterday i am pretty certian that i was either spinning the first couple of times i was getting on it or i just wasn't loading the truck, i had to make a move on the highway, so i got on it, and i was a little suprised when i saw the boost gauge wrap around to 60 psi!!!! so i may need to back that down a little bit, i don't want to spin that thing that hard. i am still very impressed on how much less smoke i have just driving around, this turbo must be moving alot more air, cause the truck barely smokes untill wot. i was having issued with my camera yesterday, soo ill borrow the wife's today and try and get some good video's.

Wes

well after the drive yesterday i am pretty certian that i was either spinning the first couple of times i was getting on it or i just wasn't loading the truck, i had to make a move on the highway, so i got on it, and i was a little suprised when i saw the boost gauge wrap around to 60 psi!!!! so i may need to back that down a little bit, i don't want to spin that thing that hard. i am still very impressed on how much less smoke i have just driving around, this turbo must be moving alot more air, cause the truck barely smokes untill wot. i was having issued with my camera yesterday, soo ill borrow the wife's today and try and get some good video's.

Wes

Shew, 60psi seems like pushing it for sure. I'd take some drive readings and see what drive looks like and than adjust from there.

I got mine on last night but had some issues with my half ass fabricated discharge elbow. I'm getting an unmolested stock elbow sent overnight (thanks Forrest) and will report back once I get it on. So far this turbo is incredibly quiet, quieter than the 468 it replaced!