Excursion Lift

If you get the DR part # 3-3000 that's the hanger and shackle with the crossmember.

3-3099 is just the 3" hanger and shackle....no crossmember.

While I'm not an expert on the Excursions it also shows that you need two fo the 19-6001 "Shock Bar Pins" when you go to the complete system for an X.

If you're ordering from Marty he knows all this stuff anyway LOL

Thanks for the quick reply on the blocks Beta.

DC,

I'll check with the Ford dealer on Mon. Thanks for all the info!! You guys have really been great!!:bow:

The shock bar pins I already have. They came with the new shocks I just bought. I'll just transfer them over. Thanks.

Can I get the u-bolts from the dealer too??

I gathered all my info from sites like this (before this site was started) so I am just passing what I have learned along. Guys like Dan, Marty, Kevin etc are the true smart guys in the suspension game.

Now get some pictures into your gallery.

Last edited:
Alright already! I'll try to get some pics up this week. Then in a few weeks (hopefully) I'll have some updated pics with the lift in place!!:rockwoot:

I'm a day or so away from ordering the DR 3" lift & shocks!!!:woohoo: I called the Ford dealer this morning and ordered a set of tapered 350 blocks and u-bolts.

Now if anybody is anywhere nearby in the next couple of weeks I 'll be needin' some help with the install!!LOL LOL LOL

:bigsmile: There's lots of FREE beer involved!!!:bigsmile:

If you have ANY rust, start spraying every bolt and nut which needs to come off. If you don't have air tools with a large tank, procure them somehow. Impact gun, air chisel, large breaker bar. Having a torch might make removing loctited fasteners.

Good call Beta!:thankyou2:

I do have access to all that. I'm going to coat everything in knockerloose a day before. Hopefully that will loosen up some stuff. I don't know why, but everything under my truck is rusty. I've had to deal with the rust alot working on different things!

Thanks,

Ben

Good idea to start spraying the bolts....sometimes I forget not everyone has access to shop air and the big snap on impacts like I do... LOL

Just got off the phone with Marty at TruckToyz and ordered the DR 3" hanger kit!!!:rockwoot:

Man that guy is full of information!! He has been a great help!!

Hopefully after I get all the parts together and find some bored friends I'll get it all put together in a couple of weeks!!!:bigsmile:

Ben

Make sure you take some pics.
I'm sure the install is the same as the 4.5" kit, whick took me most of the day to install.(I'm slow and picky)
Here are some torque specs for you, I got them from Marty and I'm sure you will need them

Spring Hangers to Frame - 75 ft/lbs.
Spring to Hanger - 200 ft/lbs.
Shackles to Frame - 75 ft/lbs.
Spring to Shackle - 185 ft/lbs.
Bump Stop to Frame - 30 ft/lbs.
Shock Mount to Frame - 75 ft/lbs.
Shock Bolts - 75 ft/lbs.
Upper Ball Joint Nut - 70 ft/lbs.
Pitman Arm - 200 ft/lbs.
Drag Link to Pitman Arm - 60 ft/lbs.
Track Bar Bracket to Frame - 30 ft/lbs.(see note below)
Track Bar - 369 ft/lbs.
Front U-Bolts - 100 ft/lbs.
Rear U-Bolts - 185 ft/lbs.
Sway Bar Links - 53 ft/lbs.
Sway Bar Bracket to Frame - 35 ft/lbs.
Wheel Lug Nuts - 165 ft/lbs.

Marty told me the best thing for the relocation bracket is a 1/2" grade 8 bolt. I made this change after the stock, metric bolt kept coming loose. The grade 8 holds much better and can be torqued much higher than the factory, metric bolt. I believe you can do 80 ft/lbs instead of the factory rating of 30 ft/lbs.
Since I changed the bolt I have not had to re-tighten

Thanks Pete,

I didn't think to ask Marty all that!! Good call on the torque specs!!:thankyou2:

I'll try to take tons of pics!!:bigsmile:

Thanks,

Ben

Actually....the 3" isn't as bad since you don't mess with the trac bar bracket, pitman arm, sway bar links, etc..

I would recommend an adjustable trac bar, if you didn't already order one. Will make installing the trac bar a lot easier. I recommend them with every size lift.

Marty does have a ton of knowledge. I've always enjoyed talking truck tech with him over the years.

DCSpecial said:
I would recommend an adjustable trac bar, if you didn't already order one. Will make installing the trac bar a lot easier. I recommend them with every size lift.

No, I haven't ordered one. How much does it run?? What difference does it make on the installation??

Thanks,

Ben

Well, you'll disconnect the stock trac bar to do the install of the 3" hanger and shackle. Sometimes, when you go to reinstall the stock trac bar you have to persuade (read: pull) it to line up in the trac bar bracket to get the bolt back in. Sometimes...this "persuading" can be a pain.....and result in the front axle being pulled slightly towards the driver's side of the truck.

As far as price...the DR trac bar (billet aluminum) is $230.00

Just my $.02
I've fought with stock trac bars before....watched friends do the same, much eaiser with the adjustable trac bar since you can adjust it to the appropriate length so that it bolts up with ease.

Yeah I would also recommend the adjustable track bar as well. 3" is kind of a borderline for the factory bar. It will work but it is difficult to install some times and it has on a few occassions caused trucks to lean because of the bar being too short. I would definately say go with an adjustable track bar.

BTW, thanks for going with DR. you will definately be happy with it. Did you go with our shocks as well? Im sure if you talked to marty he probably told you to go with our shocks as well

Ryan,

Marty has definetly been trying to get me to buy the DR shocks! I'm still thinking about it. I have a pretty tight budget so I have also been thinking about the Bilstein 5100's. I have the stock versions now and really like them. The cost is really the biggest factor especially since it's times 4!!

I have heard absolutely nothing bad about DR products!! Everyone says that DR is first class all the way!! The fit and finish is second to none!! Even though it's just the 3" hanger kit I'm really excited!!:woohoo: It just leaves the door open to bigger and better things (AKA: huge spring packs!!)!! :rockwoot:

Ben

BTW, Marty is a real stand up guy!! His information is priceless!! He has been a great help to me personally!

DR is so nice to work with. Other than one hole of 50 being off by 1/16" and requiring some massaging, it was so easy to install. And the ride quality of the shocks, WOW.

Thanks, DR guys for making such a fine product. It was more expensive than other brands, but I know I would have always wanted to buy the best stuff. it might cost more initially, but after not being satisfied with a compromise, you'll end up spending more money later.