Excursion Lift

The final piece of the puzzle has been ordered!!! The brand spanking new DR shocks are on the way!!!:rockwoot: :rockwoot:

Man, I just can't say enough nice things about Marty!!:bigsmile: :thankyou2: :bigsmile:

I would say that it'll be a couple weeks before the lift gets installed, but that would be a lie!! I'm like a 4 year old on Christmas morning when the Brown truck gets here!!:evil I'll probably start on it that day!!:woohoo:

Ben

So, make a list with everything that's coming.

If you need help (since I just went through the install) feel free to email me.

Thanks Beta, here's what I got coming.

DR 3" hanger kit (no crash bar or bumpstop spacers)
DR Signature Shocks
F-350 rear tapered blocks & u-bolts

This should give me a full 3" of lift in the front and level the rear. And don't worry Beta I'm sure I'll be emailing you!LOL I talked with Dan last night and I think I have all the bases covered. I just need a 30mm socket for the trac-bar.

Ben

Watch out for that Dan guy.....I'm told he causes others who know him, talk to him, etc.. to spend ridiculus amounts of money on their trucks in an effort to keep pace. AND.....I'm told he has the baddest SD on the planet.....so it's most likely a losing battle....

LOL LOL LOL LOL

Yeah...I've heard stories!!!LOL LOL

My wallet is pretty much empty anyway so I should be okay for a while!

About that baddest SD on the planet thing...You might be right!!:rockwoot:

Ben

dieselex said:
Yeah...I've heard stories!!!LOL LOL

My wallet is pretty much empty anyway so I should be okay for a while!

About that baddest SD on the planet thing...You might be right!!:rockwoot:

Ben

I think nummit may have said it best:

nummit said:
Don't tell him that, his ego barely fit's on the internet as it is LOL

LOL :rockwoot: :evil LOL

Excursion_1.jpg

Looks good Ben....can't wait to see it a little higher in the air :rockwoot:

Thanks DC!

You and me both!!:rockwoot:

The "Brown Truck" just can't get here fast enough!!!LOL

Last edited:
The hangers & shackles came today, man I love the "Brown Truck"!!!!!!:woohoo: :rockwoot:

Now all I need are the shocks and some free time!!:woohoo: Good luck!:doh:

Thanks Pete! I can't wait either!

It's probably going to look a little silly for a while with the tires that are on it, but hopefully that will change soon!

Ben

Just make sure you get the shocks for an excursion with a 3" lift and not the ones for a superduty. The super duty lifted shocks are for a SD with a 4" lift. The EX comes with softer shorter springs in the front, the EX is 1.5" lower than a stock SD. Some thing some guys have done is replace the front EX springs with those from a V-10 CC (u-codes) and the rears from an F350 (b-codes) Stiffens the soft mushy front some and gives about an 1" of lift. The rear will ride alittle softer and also gain approximatly 1" because of the greater arch in the 350 springs.

AUG

Thanks Aug,

I ordered everything from Marty at TruckToyz, so I would assume it is for the X. I told him everything about my truck and what I wanted as far as the ride quality and what I intended to do with it. He's a really great guy!!!

Ben

Alright!! The shocks showed up today!!:woohoo:

I'm thinking when I get back in town on Mon I'll probably get started on the lift!:rockwoot:

Anyway, new gallery pics coming soon!!:rockwoot: