FASS Diesel Nationals June 6th @ IRP

Our crew had a great time. It was fun hanging out with all our diesel friends. Great job NHRDA :rockwoot:

I have a lot of video and can post some later just let me know whichc part and if I have it I will load it.
It was in Plainfield can't remember the name its just east of Raceway road.

I would like to see any pulling vids if you have them. Thanx.:rockwoot:

I had a great time if you missed it you missed a very well organized and run event. Congrats to randy and his team on a very professional job. Congrats to seth and john on there win and the other I can't remeber all of them. John thanks for all your help this weekend.

the only thing i didnt like about the weekend was that when you went to tech for drag racing they sprung on you that you had to spend another $40 on top of the $30 for the tech card to get a number......

I heard there were Mustangs and stuff there? Whats up with that? Got a complete list of pull results??

I heard there were Mustangs and stuff there? Whats up with that? Got a complete list of pull results??

Sure was mustangs there....at the circle track for a mustang car weekend. The guys said at the NHRDA tent that the info would be up soon. They spent Sunday cleaning up dirt.

the only thing i didnt like about the weekend was that when you went to tech for drag racing they sprung on you that you had to spend another $40 on top of the $30 for the tech card to get a number......

Only cost us 30 to race, but we were allready NHRDA members!

This was an NHRDA event. You had to be a member of the NHRDA in order to participate in this event. An NHRDA membership is $40.00 as posted on the NHRDA website, NHRDA - National Hot Rod Diesel Association - NHRDA. If you were running Sprtsman ET, the Track Gate Fee was $30.00. I hope you had a good time and were successful. Check out the NHRDA website for more scheduled events in your area. I've been an NHRDA member for 5 years and really enjoy the way everyone helps out at the events, whether it's helping Randy or Chris putting up/taking down all the banners or helping/supporting each other during the event.

Jim Calhoun

Well organized event and very structured. I'd like to think this national event could be the biggest one next year. Good job Randy, Chris and all the NHRDA guys. Extra thanks to Matt Wells for helping out a vendor and to the support of Jeff Garmon in branding and standing by our product.

Hal
:clap:

i'm glad it went well and everyone had a great time. Hopefully next year we make the whole trip there.

I agree with what all of you have already said. This was a good event and as usual, I had a good time @ Indy! It was good to see everyone again and nice to see my friends Seth Sullivan and Dale Smith get a win in Pro-Street.

Kudos to the entire NHRDA Crew (Randy, Chris, Matt and all) for a good job!

-------
John_P

My only two gripes.....
Yeah, not sure what the deal was but I heard a rumor that they put some money down and they were allowed to come the same day. I could be wrong, just going by what I heard. Regardless it caused a domino effect pushing competitors to the west side and further pushing spectators well beyond that. Spectators had more than a quarter if not close to half mile hike just to get near the starting line in the stands. Sure does suck carrying a heavy ass cooler with food and drinks. In years past you could park behind the stands.

Also, would it be too hard for ORP to print on tickets NO GLASS BOTTLES or something? Perhaps a sign when you pull in the gate? We were one of very many who were turned away at the gates with coolers full of glass bottles. We weren't paying 6.50 for a single beer either. The same nazi chick that turned us away at first also checked our cooler the second time when we switched our bottles out for freshly bought aluminum. When she did that, she dug way down as if we were trying to pull a fast one on her with glass at the bottom. When she did that she screwed up how I had the food containers stacked at the bottom and I couldn't get my cooler lid to close again. At the end of the day yet again, the same nazi b!tch didn't want to let us in the pit area so we could meet Roy to let him have the tires he wanted from me, then upon letting us past she told us to "see her on our way back out" uhhh....for what? To say bye? That's one woman that really deserved to have a diesel cover her in some soot, lol.

Everything else was top notch.

Orp over booked the track. At the last minute they wanted me to move our chairity event to accomadate the mustang club, I said hell no you caused the problem you deal with it. Then they F'ed me by closing my event down an hour and a half early.

I wondered why "midnight madness" only lasted until 10:30?

Lavon

I wondered why "midnight madness" only lasted until 10:30?

Lavon

Believe me I had a heated conversation with the people in the tower even though it was not there fault. I tried to get the track manager, (who told me three hours before that last call to the lanes would be at 11:15 to 11:30) on the phone and I got the police called on me because the announcer took offence to my comment of (no offence to any of you but is everything always so F'ed up here). It turned out Ok because the PR guy and I had a long talk and the police went away with no problems.

Thought too it was a great event. It had a little different feel than years past, but it was nice not having all the young hot shots acting like idiots on the street. I liked the late night test an tune friday night and the action packed day on saturday. I think it helped keep people from getting bored and tearing around.

We had blast. It was a long drive but worth it.
I would like to thank everyone that helped.
Dr.P s crew helped to fix some torque converter issues. But some things just can't be fixed at the track.
John your jack stands are, well there in Montana now. Call me and I will ship them to you.

So were there no fans there that could post some results or what? Killin me here!!