FASS Diesel Nationals June 6th @ IRP

Congrats on your win John. I know it made the ride home a bit nicer.

We got "old rusty" down to 11.2's on its second trip to the track ever, and had a great time at the event!! I wish there were more Division 5 races though this year :(

The pulling track looked much better this year than last as well, it was nice to see them maintaining it all day.

From what I could tell, people seemed to be behaving more on the streets at this event.

Last edited:
The event went great and it was professionally run with no real issues. The track was consistent except for the first run. Everyone did a great job and most of the sponsors were on site to greet the competitors after the racing. This was probably the most relaxed pull where everyone got along and put on a great show.

I was able to get the win in 2.8 but there were a lot of good trucks that were very close so no one dominated the class. Myself and Shane (Wicked Diesel) worked on fuel system advances over the last few months and it seems to have been the right direction to go so big thanks to Wicked Diesel. I have just been tweaking Kueslics truck more and more to get where we need to be. The truck has an electrical glitch that has been a nightmare to find which is why it has been acting up on the starting line. It will be fixed but I think the truck is going to be competitive where ever it goes. I'm working on training Wes to keep it as clean as my truck!!!:Cheer:

Congrads to all the competitors and a big thanks to all the sponsors who stepped up and made the event a great one.

thanks to everyone that put on the event. NHRDA and FASS put on one hell of an event. Thanks guys!

Thanks NHRDA!! I had fun running with the big boys and hopefully the feeling was mutual!

Thanks rich,you left before I could tell you thank you...... The help was appreciated. I owe u one.

Yea...I went back to the truck to drop off a shirt I got from Grand Rock....when I sat down in the seat I knew I was done for....I just fired it up and headed for Chicago.
And you owe me nothing...I was probably in the way more than I helped but I had a good time for sure.

Great event is a understatement!!

I was fun for sure! I got to meet some new people and put some names to faces. I didn't set the S/S record as I was 10 lbs. lite! I would have bet my kids on being over a couple hundred pounds. If I would have just put the water back in the motor it blew out I would have been good. Thats racin and it's my fault for not having my weight where it should have been. I will say NHRDA runs a tight ship as it should be. NHRDA needs a that a bou for sticking to there rules. They will have a top notch org running it the way they did. If you stick to your rules others won't be affraid to build and compete knowing they are on fair and even grounds. O well that's my story and i'm sticking too it!lol Jeff

This event made the DHRA of years past look like it was run by children. I was able to see all of the drag racing but didn't get to see any trucks pull in the morning or evening. Got there too late in the morning and had to get home for the evening to be home with my little guy. Next year he'll be coming along I hope.

The highlight of the racing was the side by side of Seth Sullivan in the Smith's truck vs the CSI truck. That had everyone on the edge of their seats for about nine and a half seconds.

I want to say thanks to Randy, Matt and Chris for all of the hard work they did to put on this event. It was a pleasure to meet every body. We had a great time and I can't wait for the next one.

My family would like to thank Randy for his support of The Jeramy Schmitt memorial scholarship fund. In these tough econic times you are one hell of a guy for supporting a cause and not even knowing our family and for that We want to thank you.:thankyou2:

The Schmitt Family

I want to say thanks to Randy, Matt and Chris for all of the hard work they did to put on this event. It was a pleasure to meet every body. We had a great time and I can't wait for the next one.

My family would like to thank Randy for his support of The Jeramy Schmitt memorial scholarship fund. In these tough econic times you are one hell of a guy for supporting a cause and not even knowing our family and for that We want to thank you.:thankyou2:

The Schmitt Family

That's awesome..The NHRDA guys are top notch...

Sounds like it was great event!!

Sounds like everyone had a good time, congratulations to all the winners and to NHRDA for putting on what appears to have been a great event. Sorry we had to miss it this year, Jeff you have the record in my book buddy, at least for a week. Hope all goes well with the head gasket job.

I had a great time at the event. I was there from start to finish but couldn't see everything as it was ran so tight between events which made for a very ran show. I want to thank the Jim Layden for letting me borrow some tools friday night to keep racing and it was great meeting and :Cheer: with you "The Jeff Garmon", John Robinson, Darren Morrison, and Rich. Everything was great even the ADULT FUN place we visited on the way back to the hotel.

I have a lot of video and can post some later just let me know whichc part and if I have it I will load it.
It was in Plainfield can't remember the name its just east of Raceway road.

I was fun for sure! I got to meet some new people and put some names to faces. I didn't set the S/S record as I was 10 lbs. lite! I would have bet my kids on being over a couple hundred pounds. If I would have just put the water back in the motor it blew out I would have been good. Thats racin and it's my fault for not having my weight where it should have been. I will say NHRDA runs a tight ship as it should be. NHRDA needs a that a bou for sticking to there rules. They will have a top notch org running it the way they did. If you stick to your rules others won't be affraid to build and compete knowing they are on fair and even grounds. O well that's my story and i'm sticking too it!lol Jeff

Sir you are a true competitor and my hat is off to you . Being off 10 pounds from setting a National Record . man I know it was tough and most people would have thrown a fit about us making exceptions but you are correct we need to have rules and regulations and stick to them so everyone has a fair playing field.

I have the most up respect for you on shaking hands and saying that you will make sure it makes weight for the next event. You are a prime example of the comptetitor we are looking for in the NHRDA and I hope you do set the Record at the Grand Rock Exhaust , Ohio Truck Rally at Thompson Raceway later this summer.

Again my hat is off to you for being a true competitor of our sport :clap::clap: