Fast spooling twins for 600hp

Old school setup HX40 and a HT3B rode in a CR with it stupid fast sure it can support the HP

I think I've decided my primary will be a Garrett GT4202R. That's one bad mother phucker.

Any thoughts on the Tial V-band turbine inlet? Would that be better than a T6 divided? Or worse?

Now I just need to match up a secondary that's not my stock charger.

Last edited:
The tial housing is not worth the $$ Imo. A 1.15 t6 would be best for twinz, and a 351or a 62fmw 68 .80t3would be great for spool and making da powahh.

The tial housing is not worth the $$ Imo. A 1.15 t6 would be best for twinz, and a 351or a 62fmw 68 .80t3would be great for spool and making da powahh.

I've been eyeing the GT3582R 61.4/68/.82 T3.

Also found a source for the GT4202R 1.15 wastegated turbine housing.

I've been eyeing the GT3582R 61.4/68/.82 T3.

Also found a source for the GT4202R 1.15 wastegated turbine housing.

Garret lists the turbine a little different than Borg, I believe that wheel is smaller than the Borg wheel. My 4094 had a 68/77 turbine in it, I don't the the 35's have the same wheel.

Was just going to say the GT35 turbine is 62/68mm, only slightly larger than the HX35. Why spend the extra money for ball bearing turbochargers on an engine with the mileage yours has? Put a journal bearing GT4202 below your stock charger and modify the wastegate, you will not be disappointed.

Was just going to say the GT35 turbine is 62/68mm, only slightly larger than the HX35. Why spend the extra money for ball bearing turbochargers on an engine with the mileage yours has? Put a journal bearing GT4202 below your stock charger and modify the wastegate, you will not be disappointed.

Don't let the miles fool you. This little truck is a freak of nature.

I'm tempted to put in on the rollers tomorrow and take it SA raceway's next race to get a baseline of stock and tuned with the SSR to see exactly what it is putting down.

the truck will do 13-14ish seconds and finish at 107-112mph in the 1/4 mile I have marked off down a back road if I can keep it from spinning. Mind you this is just hitting a stop watch at Both ends so its not exact

Last edited:
I just do not see the point in spending that amount of money for your goals.

Garret lists the turbine a little different than Borg, I believe that wheel is smaller than the Borg wheel. My 4094 had a 68/77 turbine in it, I don't the the 35's have the same wheel.

Hmmm I'm going to have to see if any other users have came into that or know the exact measurements of the 35r.

I just do not see the point in spending that amount of money for your goals.

My goal really isn't max power. It's mainly fast spooling and no smoke. The guy with the 12v says there's no way a CR is faster than a 12v and that a CR has a hard time lighting turbos. That's why he has a 12v. But I have to prove him wrong and plus I would like to have a nice little bit if power after its all said and done. If I make more than 600hp I'll be more than impressed but I'll be content with 600hp no smoke (or very very slight).