Fast spooling twins for 600hp

My goal really isn't max power. It's mainly fast spooling and no smoke. The guy with the 12v says there's no way a CR is faster than a 12v and that a CR has a hard time lighting turbos. That's why he has a 12v. But I have to prove him wrong and plus I would like to have a nice little bit if power after its all said and done. If I make more than 600hp I'll be more than impressed but I'll be content with 600hp no smoke (or very very slight).

So you are basing your needs on an idiot's opinion? And you believe turbochargers the exact same dimensions will provide less smoke if they are ball bearing?

So you are basing your needs on an idiot's opinion? And you believe turbochargers the exact same dimensions will provide less smoke if they are ball bearing?

No. Just faster spooling if the charger is a ball bearing. Which in return would yield less smoke since I'm moving more air at lower rpm. And tuning has a tremendous role as well.

If I'm wrong, which I could be, just teach me the differance.

Also found a source for the GT4202R 1.15 wastegated turbine housing.

I'm assuming you cannot provide a link for this because the wastegated housing comes on the journal bearing GT42. So, not only has the standard GT42 with T6 1.15AR wastegated housing been recommended to you on several occasions in this thread, you would spend over twice as much on a GT4202R with a non wastegated housing.

I'm assuming you cannot provide a link for this because the wastegated housing comes on the journal bearing GT42. So, not only has the standard GT42 with T6 1.15AR wastegated housing been recommended to you on several occasions in this thread, you would spend over twice as much on a GT4202R with a non wastegated housing.

yes you are right. The source I did find that advertised as a wastegated housing for 4202r was the part number for the 4202 since I did a little diggin and cross referenced them to other parts suppliers. I may go with a 4202 instead of the 4202R for this very reason.

Hence the reason why I didn't understand your thoughts on going with a ball bearing charger for only 600hp.

Just because you have money to spend on turbos doesn't mean you should. That being said I'm 95% sure a waste gated housing would fit on a 4202r but you wouldn't be able to order it like that.

I'm watching this thread close as I am in the search for a set of super fast twins.. Why garrett over borge 475? Or vise versa? Is the piping easier on one or the other??

Jim