Fiberglass Front end

wrongway

Doe's anyone make either a whole fiberglass front clip, or at least a good looking fiberglass hood for the 94 to 02 Dodge truck's? I've been looking at a few online and would really like to have one. Doe's any of the Comp D guy's make one, or know where I could get one? Thank's, Gary

Doe's anyone make either a whole fiberglass front clip, or at least a good looking fiberglass hood for the 94 to 02 Dodge truck's? I've been looking at a few online and would really like to have one. Doe's any of the Comp D guy's make one, or know where I could get one? Thank's, Gary

:pop:

doesnt the smith truck have a fiberglass front clip?

Yes they do, but Seth told me that Mr. Smith hand built that one. I doubt that he would make another one. I just thought there might be a commercially built one available. The problem is that when I need to take my hood off it is WAY too heavy for me to do it by myself. Getting old just plain sucksLOL Gary

There's a company that makes them, they made a front clip for a truck in cali along with the bed etc, if you can find a company a few guys you could get it done pretty cheap.

I talked to them a few years ago, I'll see if I can dig up the co.

Last edited:
Yes they do, but Seth told me that Mr. Smith hand built that one. I doubt that he would make another one. I just thought there might be a commercially built one available. The problem is that when I need to take my hood off it is WAY too heavy for me to do it by myself. Getting old just plain sucksLOL Gary

Talk to Dale, there is a body shop in KY that built it for him. I talked the body shop, it was going to be about 15-1800$ for one plus paint, but the cost vs. weight loss was not worth it for me. You only end up saving 50lbs. Now carbon fiber is the route I will take when I decide to do it.

Ive been looking for front clips also. I wouldn't do it so much for the weight saving but for how much easier it is to work on stuff

Ive been looking for front clips also. I wouldn't do it so much for the weight saving but for how much easier it is to work on stuff

X2!!

Gary, I've looked at a few options, never found anything I liked. If you find something/someone willing to make something, I'd be interested too if you need more than one to get someone interested in making something!

Chris

You could save way more than 50#'s, I had a fiberglass builder do a hood that was 11lbs. There's weight to be saved if you go thin and brace and connect it correctly.

GTS fiberglass, but this is without frame work.

These guys only do third gen Dodge. I had one shipped here to me that they said would work. Well when I got it out of the box it was definately a 3rd gen. I think he told me that they destroyed their molds, but if I could get enough interest he might make a few. How mnay of ya are in?

1. Gary

I think you should try the 3rd Gen front chip on the 2nd Gen truck! LOL

theres a truck ive seen at events here in texas that has 3rd gen front clip on a 2nd gen. lol

gary, depending on price i might be in.

And, while I have all of you here, do you think that Snow Stage 3 would be enough water and methanol for my truck? I'm finding out that Im needing some kind of fluid cooling sysytem. And are they any good, I think I will probably buy one to try unless ya'll think its not a good idea. Hit me with some info please.......WW

im sticking to nitrous on my race truck. it had some kind of water meth kit on it when i bought it but i pulled it off. no idea what pump it is but it had a snow tank and a bunch of line and two nozzles. worth $100 to ya? lol

These guys only do third gen Dodge. I had one shipped here to me that they said would work. Well when I got it out of the box it was definately a 3rd gen. I think he told me that they destroyed their molds, but if I could get enough interest he might make a few. How mnay of ya are in?

1. Gary

2. Chris

Talk to Dale, there is a body shop in KY that built it for him. I talked the body shop, it was going to be about 15-1800$ for one plus paint, but the cost vs. weight loss was not worth it for me. You only end up saving 50lbs. Now carbon fiber is the route I will take when I decide to do it.

sorry, dad might, but i would not recommend this guy, we thought it would be done and not have much work to do...............wrong, the body shop had to do a bunch of work because this guys mold was not very good. if you want to talk to dad pm me and i will give you his number.

Back