Fiberglass Front end

My fiberglass cowl hood is the same weight as the stock hood.

I know Randy Cole (of NHRDA) has a fiberglass hood on his red truck (I've borrowed it for a couple of races). It still feels pretty heavy when you open it though!

And, while I have all of you here, do you think that Snow Stage 3 would be enough water and methanol for my truck? I'm finding out that Im needing some kind of fluid cooling sysytem. And are they any good, I think I will probably buy one to try unless ya'll think its not a good idea. Hit me with some info please.......WW

Gary im not a huge fan of water meth injection I have seen alot more trucks loose power then anything I understand your wanting the cooling side of things with it and not power but in that case I would just recomend some nitrous and pick up a lil horsepower and cool everything down while your at it. The kit I had on scotts dually was a big snow pump with large nozzles just for refrence. As for the fiberglass front end for the right price and quality I might be in.

Given the fenders on the 2nd gens are heavy (20 or 25# each) and the hood is easily 60-80..... they have this weight issue as they ARE the front end. Take off the fenders and your radiator falls into the fan.

The only way I see to do it is to build a brace to hold the radiator support. That or weld it to the frame.

The fenders can be gutted down to the skins, hood....you can kinda do that but it will take some skill to get the skin off without destroying it. Then your only real option is to dzues it to the fenders or weld it.

Dont forget you have to deal with the PDC , ABS, ect.

I think we gained 40lbs by putting on sheetmetal after I wrecked the fiberglass front end. Cut the Hood out of the fiberglass clip and used it though. I used a front core support and hacked it up, but no innerfenders. With innerfenders ect. coming off I bet you would loose much more than lbs 50lbs.

Somebody makes them

I know this is of little help. But, I know for a fact somebody makes them because I bought a truck last year off Racing Junk.com. One piece front end with bumper molded in and all oem body lines. Actually the truck is ALL fiberglass. Complete cab, doors, bed sides and tailgate. Lexan windows and a full chrome moly cage. Sittin on a 2x3 square tube chassis, Mustang II style front suspension and 40 spline 9" rear with 4 link. Truck is totally apart now waitin on my free time. lol

I have no idea who made it and the seller had no clue either. I've looked around a little bit to find out where it came from with no luck.

Btw, I am fully aware this project fits into no classes. But, I'm buildin it for me. Truck did have a 440 n powerglide. I will be usin 12 valve power....of course. Moderate power with light weight should be rapid and easy on parts. I am quite confident it will be 3500 pounds ready to run. Pretty easy math to be rather quick......I hope. Didn't mean to ramble on about me, just thought it might be of interest to a few.

If I ever find out where the body came from, I will certainly share that information on herre asap.

Cousin Billy

I've been eyeballing this one for some time now. I called them and the guy I talked to couldn't really give me any details. :doh:

Car and truck body kits & parts for mx3, s10, SUV, civic, neon, focus, etc.

94_ramsrtfront.jpg

94_ramsrtfront2.jpg

Last edited:
was the truck white?

I know this is of little help. But, I know for a fact somebody makes them because I bought a truck last year off Racing Junk.com. One piece front end with bumper molded in and all oem body lines. Actually the truck is ALL fiberglass. Complete cab, doors, bed sides and tailgate. Lexan windows and a full chrome moly cage. Sittin on a 2x3 square tube chassis, Mustang II style front suspension and 40 spline 9" rear with 4 link. Truck is totally apart now waitin on my free time. lol

I have no idea who made it and the seller had no clue either. I've looked around a little bit to find out where it came from with no luck.

Btw, I am fully aware this project fits into no classes. But, I'm buildin it for me. Truck did have a 440 n powerglide. I will be usin 12 valve power....of course. Moderate power with light weight should be rapid and easy on parts. I am quite confident it will be 3500 pounds ready to run. Pretty easy math to be rather quick......I hope. Didn't mean to ramble on about me, just thought it might be of interest to a few.

If I ever find out where the body came from, I will certainly share that information on herre asap.

Cousin Billy

How would you go about mounting that? It sure looks good...

That was my question. You pretty much get what you see and it's up to you to fab something up to mount it to the truck. I little more headache than I wanted. It's a shame too, it's a nice looking cover...

That was my question. You pretty much get what you see and it's up to you to fab something up to mount it to the truck. I little more headache than I wanted. It's a shame too, it's a nice looking cover...

Agreed. For $400 I'd like something that wasn't just a shell.

Cousin Billy

wow great to see you on here CB!!! :Cheer:

Nice. I'm not a member and when I tried to register I got this.

"Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator."

The only thing not glass on that truck is the Skeleton of the cab. I'm a fan of their facebook page. I'll post a link when I get home.

Back