Fiberglass Front end

Glasstek has two different pin on hoods, very high quality, I am sure they would give you a weight. I would just strip down the steel fenders and look at a glass bumper.

Have you picked out a front end yet wrongway?

Well, yes and no. I just went ahead and gutted the fender's and make an aluminum skeleton frame and mounted a fiberglass sport type bumper cover on it. Actually looks real good and I lost a few pounds doing it. Everytime I PM that guy over on the Bullet he tries to sell me his old Chevy drag truck! I finally gave up on him. I will have my truck at Jeff and I's Super Stock race if anyone want's to look at it. Gary

Damnt there is a thread on here that has a white all fiberglass tube frame halfton from California and I can't find it.

I think I know what truck you are talking about. Do you mean the guy that builds the driveshaft loops?

No this was a white dodge halfton tube frame, fiberglass front end steel cab,fiberglass bed. He said they had already been into the 8's and were tired of the project. Had to have been 2 years ago.

I believe so but I'm not sure, I remember when the thread popped up no one believed it and called bs cause the truck had never been seen or heard of till then, then the thread died.

I had talked to gts a while back when I was looking into it for my truck. They told me they could make a mold if someone got a front end to them. Then it would be ~$2600 and shipping for the complete front end.

Sorry for the delayed response. The all glass truck I have is black gel coat. No paint at all. When I get it dug out of the house garage and into the shop, I will get some pics on here. Buried under outdoor patio furniture right now. Too many irons in the fire currently to find the time to even move it. Finishing up another garage addition first.

CB

'Glas is too heavy for good $/lb. weight reduction @ acceptable minimum strength on 3rd Gen front ends... so we jumped right to CF for our Super Stocker. :evil

well if i come to ts ill just look in my rearview and you try to count how many lengths back you are!

Back