Fing California rules

24vavle

" Burnin Coal "
Just seeing if I can get some feedback on the smog sh** rules. If I take everything off for the visual under the hood but do not have a cat or exhaust could I use vegitable oil to pass the test ?

Wish I could help but yeah, ur gonna have to make it as stock appearing as possible. I got lucky and passed with no DPF on my '06 but then again the place I went to didn't even look under the truck......

Joe

If your truck came with a CAT and you don't have it, it will likely fail the visual test for non-compliance since the CAT is missing...

Are you sure your 01' came with a cat from the factory? I know my 99' didn't have a factory cat.

ya CA vehicles have some goofy shiat one them, every look in a manual for any vehicle and read the CA emmisions section lol, even motorcycles

No it came just with a muffler but i threw that thing away years ago not expecting we'ed ever have to smog them. I have an aftermarket turbo with a polished housing now are they going to say something about that , and my OBDII doesnt work either have a faulty wire

muffler is easy....just make a look alike wrapped around your pipe.....

you can polisha stock turbo housing.....

fix your obdII

turn your edge off

edge is coming out propane is out just trying to lessen me failing by running UVO I can make 13 gallons real quick its not diesel you know. Just trying to see my options. Red puller how often do we have to do this now if you or anyone knows. I really dont ever drive the truck maybe 10 miles a month.

I think it is the same as the gassers every two years. I am glad I moved, my last DMV renewal said that I needed a smog this year. Most of them don't know what they are looking at anyway. They are not going to know that you turbo is not stock just because it is polished, tell them it is stock and you polished it yourself. The hardest is going to be the smoke test. Good luck

No your 01 does not have a cat and you wont fail because you dont have a muffer. It is not a emmision device, all you have to do is make sure that if they say that you have a cat make sure that they are looking up the right engine. Take off all of your stuff that makes it go fast and blow smoke and you should be fine.

Wish I could help but yeah, ur gonna have to make it as stock appearing as possible. I got lucky and passed with no DPF on my '06 but then again the place I went to didn't even look under the truck......

Joe

makes sense... your '06 didn't come with a DPF... just like the OP's truck didn't come with a CAT

Ask around at your area performance shops for what you should do. Ideally people that know you.

Polished or colored turbos will call attention to them. Purple is worst. Dirty is best.

makes sense... your '06 didn't come with a DPF... just like the OP's truck didn't come with a CAT

Yes, it did have a DPF.....and a muffler.....and a resonator....took all that off and it passed with an open exhaust....but then again, my tech didn't look under the truck. : LOL

Joe

My 97 came with a cat, egr, and a 180 hp engine with the 5 spd, and 14 mpg.. Kommiefornia sucks,

WherEs the big quake when you need it.

IIRC 97's and 98's came with cats.... Until the switch to the 24v anyway in '98.5... that's in and out of CA.

Last '98 12v I worked on had a cat on it... but we lost it somewhere while working on it... :Cheer:

Well took everything off took it to a smog place and they laughed me out the door. So going the other route and paying 200$ but atleast they thought it was cool.

dont try the smarty half power route because, well the shop i went to, after the smoke test it gets hooked up to the CARB computer and will fail when it sees the smarty on there.

good luck with the smog. mine cost me a lot, had to buy stocks tips and install them, then put my 90's back in after the smog.