First passes of the year....EFILive FTW!

Data from the instant it went through the traps....

DashboardShot.jpg

I really need to learn more about Data logging.!

I really need to learn more about Data logging.!

That' where you make your money is with the data logging.

On two separate occassions now, I've gone to the track and the data logs alone let me knock of 3/10th's.

On the 1/8th it went from a 7.32 to a 6.99 and here it went from 11.27 to 10.89.

Tuning without the data logging is like walking around in your basement in the dark. Maybe you'll find what you need, maybe you won't.

What is your Wheel and Tire setup? Thats a sweet looking ride! Love the V2 with the "SMARTER" saying. Wonder what that means? ;)

The tires are Mickey Thompson ET Streets. 305/45/18's, approx 29x10.5's.

The wheels are ProComp 18x9's.

With the 3.73's and these tires, the truck has a theoretical top speed of 138 MPH at 4200 RPM's.

BOMBrsmall.jpg

The street tires are Toyo Proxes ST's 305/55/20. The wheels are Fuel Octane 20x10's.

Slide2-177.jpg

Last edited:
How does one add additional parameters to log? All I can do is 4, and 4 seems to not be enough to see what I want to see.

I think I've seen you logging 8 at a time Rich?

you can do as many as you want but, you're limited by window space. All you do is open as many "new" charts as you want and then hit that button circled in red. That will spread them out evenly in your window. As you can see I have several logs going but, I think that's as many as I'd want. It gets smaller and smaller the more you try and add. You really don't need much more than I have here either....

LOG.jpg

Rich, have ya played around with taller tires to see what that does, for or against you? have ya been able to see your rpm as you cross the line at the end, from what it sounds is that you have the 410's, don't want ya runnin out of rpm.

How did you obtain more than 37psi boost in the log Ty? Install a different sensor? I can't find one in the ScanTool that just displays boost or reads boost+BARO higher than 37psi.

I didn't change anything, just used the boost PID. Rich may have worked something in the tunes axises if it's something you're not able to get ?? I'm sure Les would have the same axises figured out though.

Rich, have ya played around with taller tires to see what that does, for or against you? have ya been able to see your rpm as you cross the line at the end, from what it sounds is that you have the 410's, don't want ya runnin out of rpm.

Mike, the truck has 3.73's in it.

Going through the traps with the ET Streets I'm at 3623 RPM's. That's still around 750 hp and 1100 ft/lbs at that RPM.

19NovDynoPulls.jpg

I posted a picture of the data right as I went through the traps a couple post up. Lots of room to play with.

As for the taller tires, because of our brake calipers, you can't fit anything smaller than the 17" wheels and that REALY limits the selection of tires unless you shave the calipers down. The ET Steets that I have on it are the tallest tire I could find at 29". They work fine. They hook well, I have plenty of RPM to spare, so other than looking small on the truck, they're good.

Here is the main data log screen I have set up. If you look up near the top of the charts, you see and "A, B, C" buttons. Those are for you dash pages. This picture is my "A" screen. The one I posted earlier is the "B" screen. You can set your screens however you want to see the data you need.

DataLogScreen.jpg

This "C" screen is all my transmission data.

Last edited:
How did you obtain more than 37psi boost in the log Ty? Install a different sensor? I can't find one in the ScanTool that just displays boost or reads boost+BARO higher than 37psi.

You can see a LITTLE more boost than that, you just have to go in and rescale the MAP sensor.

What you have to remember is the MAP PID displays Boot + Baro. It's realy only a 3 bar sensor for actual intended uses.

I'll show 58 psi if you scale it correctly, but you have to remember to subtract baro from that number.

44 psi is about all it's ACTUALLY good for. You can always install a pressure sensor and tie it into the V2 as an external PID. You can do the same with Pyro, it just needs to be a non-grounded pyro probe.

I wasn't aware that it's only reading the 44psi the ECM let it. So basically the Boost PID isn't worth even looking at other than low boost conditions.

Here is the main data log screen I have set up. If you look up near the top of the charts, you see and "A, B, C" buttons. Those are for you dash pages. This picture is my "A" screen. The one I posted earlier is the "B" screen. You can set your screens however you want to see the data you need.

This "C" screen is all my transmission data.

I am constantly being amazed at this software's capability. I love all the flexibility in terms of visual outputs.

I wasn't aware that it's only reading the 44psi the ECM let it. So basically the Boost PID isn't worth even looking at other than low boost conditions.

The only time I really use the boost PID is controlling smoke and seeing what the truck does at launch.

In the daily driving ranges it works fine, but once you mat it and the boost comes up, you're well beyond what the OEM sensor can see.

Last edited:
This is my "C" screen. This is nothing but the transmission data.

The charts are great, but sometimes when you're tuning the truck, it's just too much to take in at once. Having the traditional analog style gauges displayed makes it a lot easier.

The nice thing about this is, it allows you see if you're blowing the tires off. If that output shaft speed spikes, you pretty much can see the point that you're blowing them off and you can go back into the tune and modify which ever parameter you want to reduce power a bit. Example, go in and reduce timing a few degrees in that area and you can pull out some power in the point that is breaking them loose.

The tuning is great, but tuning without the data logging is still running blind. No data logging and you're a blind man with a stick feeling your way around.

TransmissionScreen.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Ty, I didn't realize you could add charts, I just made one and made it bigger to fit the screen, but then couldn't get any more than the 4 "series" to display. And trans logging with 4 series...not enough info to serve a purpose.

This EFILive chit is pretty bada$$, fun to play with even without tuning (yet).

have ya had any issues related to not so much confidence in your rp readings up high? if so look into a 12 duramas rps, good to 31kpsi from what I am told.

have ya had any issues related to not so much confidence in your rp readings up high? if so look into a 12 duramas rps, good to 31kpsi from what I am told.

The same likely goes for it. Limited to the sensors capabilities. Since his tune doesn't go over that anyway...with no real need too, I'd say the RP readings are fine.

Back