First passes of the year....EFILive FTW!

This EFILive chit is pretty bada$$, fun to play with even without tuning (yet).

Just wait until your eyes glaze over at 3 in the morning from looking at graphs and numbers and then post up the fun.....

:hehe:

You'll come back to this post and go, "WTF was I thinking?"

have ya had any issues related to not so much confidence in your rp readings up high? if so look into a 12 duramas rps, good to 31kpsi from what I am told.

I don't run a bunch of rail pressure.

My 10.89 pass was done on 24,500 psi.

Rail pressure is WAY over rated unless you just can't squeeze the fuel in with the duration limit you have.

Even with my little azz injectors, I don't need to ramp up the rail pressure crazy high to squeeze the fuel in with the time I have.

sounds good, all that with that low psi. much more survivability there.

Exactly.

The only reason that everyone had to use such high RP in the past (i.e. MP8's) has been the same reason that everyone thought CR's were clean on the top end.....the fuel limiter started kicking in at 2800 RPM's.

That's not a problem anymore with EFILive. This is also the reason you want to data log....just because you're telling the ECM to do something, doesn't mean it is.

Last edited:
I am getting excited to send my 6.7 PSD and get into a Cummins. Things have changed and I need to make a move and now the Cummins with EFI Live seems like a great combination.

Chris

Is your truck running a different converter stall speed than Garmon normally offers? If its running Garmons normal converter stall speed, how much boost are you making at the line?

I think his his the normal stall just like mine.. I can make well into the 20's at the line.
Never tried much more than mid 20's anyway.

I did 25 once by mistake. tires don't like that much boost.

Agreed... Even with stock suspension and TOYO AT tires still in the low 40 psi range, I could get away with 22 on the launch.. Cut my best 60 ft. At 21 psi - 1.63.

Agreed... Even with stock suspension and TOYO AT tires still in the low 40 psi range, I could get away with 22 on the launch.. Cut my best 60 ft. At 21 psi - 1.63.

I took my nitto 420's to 33 in the front and 22 in the rear. However, I think the track with the really rocky and dirty pics and return roads covered in crap is my main problem. Short of absolute abuse with a 4x4 burnout or people to clean my front tires.

I'm thinking I might role both tires though the water while building boost and let them eat and see how that helps get the dirt off. Wonder how stressful that might be while on a roll + water with a 4x4

I think his his the normal stall just like mine.. I can make well into the 20's at the line.
Never tried much more than mid 20's anyway.

I see, and you are talking about Jeff's lower than stock stall correct?

This converter stalls about 200 - 300 RPM's lower than a stock converter.

If I'm on street tires and a good track, I can come up around 17 psi pretty reliably.

With the ET Streets, I can come up around 25 -27 psi. Anything more than that it spins and shakes the crap out of the truck.

Hey Rich, It's Austin.

What kinda times was your Chevelle putting down? Was that video with the bigger turbo you were putting on there last time I was up at the shop?

Also, when is your Dyno Day? I can't seem to find any info on CF....

Thanks bud.

Just wait until your eyes glaze over at 3 in the morning from looking at graphs and numbers and then post up the fun.....

:hehe:

You'll come back to this post and go, "WTF was I thinking?"

Tim always has the WTF was i thinking thought going through his head:shake: