fixed KDP

wagoner2

While having the KDP fixed I just could not resist throwing a little more money at the truck. Had my buddy twist my arm a bit (it didn't take much twistin) and we ordered 370 Marine injectors, Laser Cut Delivery Valves, 4k GSK, 0 Fuel Plate, and set the timing to 17*. I understand that is a lot of fuel for a stock charger, and am fully aware I am going to smoke my stock clutch. I have installed Boost, Fuel Pressure, and Pyro gauges to keep an eye on things. Just wondering what you guys think I will see HP/TQ wise at the wheels?

Im not sure on HP specs, but that seems like too much fuel, as you stated, but I think its to the point where you're either gonna destroy something in the engine, or there is too much fuel where it will run horribly with such little air being pushed in. AT LEAST buy a boost elbow for the charger ($10-25) to up boost pressure, giving somewhat of a better fuel / air ratio.

While having the KDP fixed I just could not resist throwing a little more money at the truck. Had my buddy twist my arm a bit (it didn't take much twistin) and we ordered 370 Marine injectors, Laser Cut Delivery Valves, 4k GSK, 0 Fuel Plate, and set the timing to 17*. I understand that is a lot of fuel for a stock charger, and am fully aware I am going to smoke my stock clutch. I have installed Boost, Fuel Pressure, and Pyro gauges to keep an eye on things. Just wondering what you guys think I will see HP/TQ wise at the wheels?

Probably about 300 HP and 600 ft lbs because the clutch will slip and the rest of your pending nuclear meltdown will not make it to the wheels.

LOL

347 rwhp is what killed my stock clutch

with about the same setup u r seeing... Not worth ur time finding out till u get a clutch, and a better turbo... or two..

215 pump with just a plate and afc work will be way more than the stock turbo can handle. I know you probably really want to put the injectors in but why don't you try tuning the pump before you put injectors in. At least you will know what the pump can do. Then put injectors in and pull fuel out of the pump if your not satisfied.

A boost elbow probably won't matter, with that much fuel the gate probably can't control it. That's what happened on the last one we did even with stock injectors in ran up into the mid 40's lbs. of boost easy.Not saying I haven't done what your going to do but my guess is a head gasket within hours after you throw all that fuel at it.

With a 215 pump and what your are putting on it I would just guess 600 horse worth of fuel to a 350 horse max turbo.

I might be interested in your truck after you trash the motor!

Last edited:
Better injector, your clutch of choice, both Dan and the guys at south bend will set you right. A turbo and then have at it, and just something of my personal opinion, better dvs. Then use the search function yo.

Better injector, your clutch of choice, both Dan and the guys at south bend will set you right. A turbo and then have at it, and just something of my personal opinion, better dvs. Then use the search function yo.

This.

Ask before you buy...save yourself a lot of grief and wasted money.

For less money you could have bought better DV's, injectors and plate. Then had money left over for a clutch.

I'm surprised people still use the original 370 marines in our engines anymore. Guess cause they are cheap? Bet you could have some built for the same price or close.

Yes I am a Rookie at this but I do apreciate everyone's 2 cents, I am trying to learn without much catostrophic failure. Time will tell...

Buddy of mine had the OLD 4 hole design and absolutely hated them. They came in the truck and he got all of about 6 mpg. He drives with a little bit of a lead foot but putting some stock 215s in he got his mileage back up to 16. I vote different injector choice as well.

Yes I am a Rookie at this but I do apreciate everyone's 2 cents, I am trying to learn without much catostrophic failure. Time will tell...

Full cuts are a catastrophic failure.

370s aren't 4 hole...

I thought that too and I would assume youre right. They were four hole injectors and claimed them to be "old style" 370s. I was unaware but thought maybe. I stand corrected though thanks

Full cuts are a catastrophic failure.

But trying to keep your eyes up with that pyro is SO fun!

My vote for a charger is a 64 or 63 box charger with a smaller housing and an external gate for yummy powa!

Last edited: