Fleece stand-alone VNT is ON THE TRUCK!

Glad to hear the turbo and controller are working out. That is pretty sweet. I'm sorry to hear that you're getting laid off. Good luck man.

Sounds awesome!

Wonder how it would work in a towing setup as a single on a 12 valve? Think it would cool good enough?

Eric

I think it would work fine... I mean, I've got it spooling almost like a 62/65 at this point. If you're handy w/ the software, you can really dial this thing in for your application. It's not difficult software by any means.

if I sell my truck, this will most likely end up on a 12v, so we may see :eek:

Hmm...set of towing twins on a 12v?? Maybe with my HE551V on the bottom :evil

This could get interesting! Maybe I should call these ole boys as well!
Chris

twins would be killer, and with the ability to really control the map, it'll be nuts. I was thinking it might benefit from an aftermarket MAP sensor that's good for more than 2 BAR, but really your vanes should be full open well before you peg out the factory MAP sensor.

the only thing about twins is going to be packaging... this is a big turbo. It can be done, but they will have to assemble it and clock it for a twin configuration in-house.

Fleece has put together a really neat setup here!!! once they incorporate a drive pressure sensor into the control/software, it's going to be off the chain!

twins would be killer, and with the ability to really control the map, it'll be nuts. I was thinking it might benefit from an aftermarket MAP sensor that's good for more than 2 BAR, but really your vanes should be full open well before you peg out the factory MAP sensor.

the only thing about twins is going to be packaging... this is a big turbo. It can be done, but they will have to assemble it and clock it for a twin configuration in-house.

Fleece has put together a really neat setup here!!! once they incorporate a drive pressure sensor into the control/software, it's going to be off the chain!

Can't be bigger than my 551, but I know what you mean...do you have any pics of it?

Chris

yes please post pics, I know Deere uses a VGT that looks like an s300 and it is made by borg Warner. I wonder if it has regular s300 wheels in it?

some poor guy in a 6.0 damn near broke his neck yesterday on highway 6. He was sitting in a parking lot w/ his windows down. looked like he'd just gotten through McDonald's and was checking his order.

I saw 4 gauges on his pillar, so I let it spool down as I passed and then just breathed on the pedal and brought it back up to full song.

It sure got his attention! LOL

damn, i want me a VGT on my 12v now! id love for it to whistle more than my 03 6.0.

Garrett