Floor Shifter pics....

This is what I did. I was in your same situation last year. Looking up relays and thinking about a mini controller.
I got the regular tci outlaw shifter with the side plate that has the button. Did some research and found that radioshack has an on/off button with the same thread. Then just threw the shifter on a mill and cut a slot for a square button I found at radioshack that was also on/off. Ran my trans grounds and one single ground up to the buttons and wasn't that bad. Also ran the trans grounds through leds so I can see when I'm engaged as well

thats exactly what i want!
you happy so far?

...you do know they sell a shifter with (2) buttons?
A few years ago when I did it I looked at that one and talked to tci directly, I think if I remember right there was something funky with that one possibility with how there switches were installed or the lack or gate plate that I needed. I do remember I looked into it. My setup really wasn't bad at all. Just did one for a kid but with only the lockup on the side grip and his od was on the dash. Mine got a notch milled off the bottom on the handle and we used a broach on the Bridgeport to notch the inside of the handle more. I absolutely love driving it and having to use different fingers in different places definitely takes care of confusion

oh I'm just bustin' ya'lls balls, btw. Cityredneck, your shifter layout was the inspiration for mine.

and yes, the two-button TCI comes with the 4-sp chevy gate.

attachment.php

Last edited:
oh I'm just bustin' ya'lls balls, btw. Cityredneck, your shifter layout was the inspiration for mine.

and yes, the two-button TCI comes with the 4-sp chevy gate.

attachment.php

thats sweet, did you leave the switches momentary with relays or find on/off switches & Did you change the gate?

i like the looks of the Cheetah SCS, but when i researched the TCI and found they have micro switches for ignition lock out and reverse lights, might sway me this way, and being able to control OD and TC from the handle would be pretty nice when heading down the track.

Last edited:
Mine's momentary on both, utilizing a pair of TR-7 modules and a relay on each to switch output from 12+ to 12-. I bought the shifter and swapped in a 3-speed gate plate. The key with the TCI 3-speed plate is to set up the shifter and then add in a small rectangular piece of metal to make a positive stop on the gate itself when the shifter is in park (TCI makes a 3-sp gate common for Chevy & Chrysler; the Chevy shifter goes all the way forward in the gate plate, the Chrysler does not.)

I've a winters sidewinder in my 12V and like it too (nearly same as cheetah SCS)

Mine's momentary on both, utilizing a pair of TR-7 modules and a relay on each to switch output from 12+ to 12-. I bought the shifter and swapped in a 3-speed gate plate. The key with the TCI 3-speed plate is to set up the shifter and then add in a small rectangular piece of metal to make a positive stop on the gate itself when the shifter is in park (TCI makes a 3-sp gate common for Chevy & Chrysler; the Chevy shifter goes all the way forward in the gate plate, the Chrysler does not.)

I've a winters sidewinder in my 12V and like it too (nearly same as cheetah SCS)

Awesome, i havent done too much research, i was thinking there had to be a module that could use a momentary trigger for a constant output. Thanks for the info!