Floor Shifter pics....

the start of my console....

555072_576358532383917_1621948516_n.jpg

7577_576358529050584_224255069_n.jpg

Last edited:
I wanna see some 3rd gen ones.

This is an old pic.

the problem here with a manual valve body is this Lokar one won't allow me to get to 1st with out removing the boot, and I can't get to park if I have it angled to get to 1st without the boot. Reverse is on the dash, first is on the seat. I park in neutral with the parking brake (just like you would a manual). If I didn't want a manual VB... this setup would be PERFECT for a manual conversion truck with a standard VB, but if you have to use it to shift, it has it's faults.

Using this shifter requires to keep calm while going fast to not "push to neutral". I have a second switch on the shifter, one for lockup, one for OD now.

297200_10150454147323662_509218661_11018421_1754256942_n.jpg

Last edited:
can someone clarify what a cheetah comes with for linkages to mount to the trans? if any?

I wanna see some 3rd gen ones.

My room mate has a Hurst ratchet shifter in his 3rd gen. It looks bada$$. He did have to do quite a bit of modifying to it but it turned out sweet. I'm not at home right now but I'll post em up when I get home this weekend.

My cheetah came with everything to mount to trans.

I have just a pole from the floor to a flat plate with the cheetah mounted to that, right in front of the center console. People can still sit in the middle this way.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

those using a cheetah what are you using your button for as it is momentary?
Like I mentioned before, I haven't mounted mine or hooked it all up in the truck yet so I don't know how well this is going to work in the vehicle but after some researching online I found a wiring diagram for making a momentary input (button) into a latching on/off output using relays. I will have my T/C lockup with a simple toggle switch. O/D will be controlled with the red button on the lever, I am able to do this using 6 relays and wiring them together as mentioned before, worked great on the bench, push the button...click once O/D on...click once again O/D off. I will probably put a small LED next to my trans temp gauge that will illuminate when O/D is engaged. I figured that would be best for racing with my manual VB, flip the T/C switch while staging, and the T/C locks as soon as I hit 2nd, then shift to 3rd then hit the button for O/D. It can be done with less relays, the reason I ended up using so many is because I am needing a positive input/negative output (switching the ground), the only diagrams available were negative input/positive output (switching the 12v). I tried wiring using these diagrams and just reversing the polarity but the relay wouldn't consistently latch and didn't quite work like I wanted, then I found that I could wire it the correct way and change the polarity by adding another relay after. Here are some links to the diagrams I used.

Diagram for Latched on/off (+) output with momentary (-) input:
latchonoffspnd.gif

Then this is a simple diagram for reversing a positive input to negative output:
pos2neg.gif

Hope this helps some of you :Cheer:

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but i thought others would also like to do this. This is what it all looks like. I'm going to hide it behind the dash and will probably use some aluminum angle or something smaller, this was just how i did it on the bench while testing. Ignore the wire color, it got mixed up when I tried wiring the polarity reversed the first time and I didn't want to waste the wire/connectors to do it again, I know what is what lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365058281.054247.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365058159.771071.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365058159.771071.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I needed room for a carseat

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365259493743.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365259493743.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365259510717.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365259510717.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365259535953.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365259535953.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 0
My cheetah came with everything to mount to trans.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Same here.

can someone clarify what a cheetah comes with for linkages to mount to the trans? if any?

It should come with all the linkages and stuff. Like Mike's mine came with the cable, brackets and everything needed.

Here is how I mounted mine. I took out the pushbutton in the shifter and put in a little mini toggle switch for lockup. OD is on the dash.

IMG_0229_zps72141ecb.jpg

IMG_0230_zps888f2db8.jpg

IMG_0231_zpsdddd27c1.jpg

That's clean! and not bad at all! Which shifter is that?

Thanks, it's a b&m bandit. I scored it on ebay w/o a cable and hardware for $100. It's 1.5" wide. My daughterss 3.5 and when she's bangin gears for me I don't have to worry about her missin one.