Flyin' in Indy.....

Too heavy to be REALLY fast, but they should be able to do high 6s low 7s once it gets dialed in.

What does it weigh??

Will they turn up the power once it's dialled, or are they trying to be somewhat conservative?

It's a 540cid DT466-based Triple Turbo super farm motor (or something like that) that's detuned down about 1,000hp.

Take a good bit more power than that to run even an 8.20ET at that weight.

Take a good bit more power than that to run even an 8.20ET at that weight.

Weston its already been 7.62 on its first time out. I think they mean it's turned down a 1000hp from where it usually is at

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

i was told it's weight with driver is 2500, which is very heavy for a dragster...banks and NX were in the 1900 range and the 466 is about 300-400lbs heavyer than a d-max, cummins is about 200 more than a d-max.

Even with the areodynamics of a bullet, that ET and mph takes plenty of power to accomplish.

Ever weigh a 466CI with 3 chargers?

yea i know what they weigh --1400 lbs fully assembled with big single charger, take all the junk off it wont be useing and add two lighter turbo's it still dont weigh over 600lbs more than a d-max with two chargers...

Last edited:
I heard it was around 3600 pounds, and yes it's been detuned 1,000hp is what I meant. By the math it probably currently has 1500-2000hp, although who knows about this diesel drag stuff. The math doesn't always add up. It IS cool it's finally out and running though!

yea i know what they weigh --1400 lbs fully assembled with big single charger, take all the junk off it wont be useing and add two lighter turbo's it still dont weigh over 600lbs more than a d-max with two chargers...

Going off your numbers the Hypermax rail is lighter than the Scheid rail.

Last edited:
I heard it was around 3600 pounds, and yes it's been detuned 1,000hp is what I meant. By the math it probably currently has 1500-2000hp, although who knows about this diesel drag stuff. The math doesn't always add up. It IS cool it's finally out and running though!

Who ever told you that is smokin dope! Dragsters wont cert @ anything over 2800 in the 7's or faster...

Going off your numbers the Hypermax rail is lighter than the Scheid rail.
Schied rail is about 2300-2400, nothing more

3600 is what the driver told me ...
and you believed him...

What do those chargers weigh, like 80lb a piece? Plus piping, that's half a Duramax right there :lolly:

LOL good one...:kick:

Gotta disagree on that one.....what are you basing this weight breakdown on?

12v cummins dressed with out turbo's is 900lbs, dragster chassis rolling with out engine or driver is 750-900 depending on length and options.

add a 200lbs driver and 400 lbs worth of turbo's....LOL and you come up with 2400lbs...

i cant understand why guys get so twisted about weight, i mean does it make them feel faster?

i've been around drag racing too long not to know that some of the "claimed" weights out there are flat out bogus...:lolly:

i've been around drag racing too long not to know that some of the "claimed" weights out there are flat out bogus...:lolly:

orly.jpg

pinion and ring gear swap - Yellow Bullet Forums

JasonCzerak;1812034 [url="http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=407078" said:
pinion and ring gear swap - Yellow Bullet Forums[/url]

Oh your so cute...Figures coming from a guy with friggin dog in his avatar :hehe: