For anyone stalling on a new turbo for their 6.0 diesel, don't

Trusted_62.jpg

That looks REALLY familiar!:evil

I took the VGT-SS cause Im currently having issues with my truck ive yet to figure out, also I was planning on going a completely different route on the truck itself doing something else. I tend to do everything different most of the time then everyone else or at least try it once. The route I was planning was big, but it seems like the IRS decided to put that to stop on me right now so I have to do something else now.

Very well explained by the way.

I can certainly understand the money situation. Out of the box ideas cost a lot of money on these trucks. Generally means you have to re-invent the wheel a few times over just to make one change. Let along a few changes.

If you want to try a smaller non-vgt sometime, something like a 62 with a high flow cover, let me know. I’m sure we can work something out.

I am wanting maximum power up top, but with very little spool down low. I am guessing the 64 is about the best setup? My red truck is, for now, retired from the track, and will be towing the Ranger around as well as my boat. With a set of 190's whats the best overall setup?

I am wanting maximum power up top, but with very little spool down low. I am guessing the 64 is about the best setup? My red truck is, for now, retired from the track, and will be towing the Ranger around as well as my boat. With a set of 190's whats the best overall setup?

I would stick with a 62 Tim if you're gonna be doing lots of towing with your red truck.

Yeah the 64mm will give you more top end power and can handle the tow load. But with you getting an enclosed trailer (more drag) and planning on driving all over the country (lots of hills), a 62 would be a better towing turbo and all around charger for you. To help with the top end, we would use a high flow compressor cover.

That combination should provide 38 to 42 psi and land you in the low 500’s with boost coming on ………. Well, I will talk about boost pressures to rpm ratio in a few weeks.

Last edited: