Ford F450 in 2.6 class

Tad

I was wondering if the F450 is allowed to run in the 2.6 class. It is classified a ton so I am guessing it will be ok?

I thought the F350 was a one ton.I don't think it will be legal.

Pretty sure the F-450's are 10 lug. What's the advantage other than coming with lower gears from the factory?

Last edited:
The new 2011 450's have 8 lug axles. Older ones had 10 lug axles. The wheel base on our 2010 is the pretty much the same as a 350 also. I'd say the exact same but then somebody will prove me wrong by like 2 inches or somethingbif

the 450s have bigger axles on them so wont work thats why the american ride truck has a dana 80 from a dodge and dana 60 in front from a ford to fit the rules

Depends on what year f-450 we are talking about. The OBS F-450's "superdutys" still used a Dana 80 in the back and a 60 in the front. I'm pretty sure they were 10 lugs though.

From the way many rules read it doesn't say that you can't pull a truck bigger than a 1-ton. They only say that the drive train must be 1-ton or less. Might be a grey area on that...

Now anything newer than a 1997 model would have to pull exhibition because of the big rear.

They are called a 1 ton plus. You can get a new f450 with a small rear or the larger s110. I know it is a grey area and the way most rules are wrote the bigger rear end should be legal to run. I know most will disagree but this spending a ton of money on a 80 is just stupid. Go bigger and keep the breakage down.

gonna have fun making weight with that id imagine. other than the rules say one ton or less. i get where your coming from but doubt it'll fly.

Can't run anything bigger than a Dana 80 or 1150 AAM until they are available in a 1 ton truck...

If the title says 1ton how could it not be legal? It is hard to understand how we can modify the engine all we want to where it is unstreetable but not allowed to run a rear end that you can buy under a stock pickup.

Guys are running f106's in the larger classes to eliminate breakage. If they allowed a 110 rear in the everyone would be switching there 80 for a 110.The lack of drivetrain helps keep the class tame sometimes.

The rules I've seen is 1 ton or less no questions asked. I agree with what HIGH TECH RAM said. If you allow 110 then what is left besides the trans and tcase in the driveline to limit the class? It would cut down on some breakage but you can look at it like this. Spend a little bit of money on a Dana 80 or spend a bunch of money to build a motor to run in a class where a 110 is legal. Id spend a little bit on the 80 myself. Just my 2 cents.

Guys are running f106's in the larger classes to eliminate breakage. If they allowed a 110 rear in the everyone would be switching there 80 for a 110.The lack of drivetrain helps keep the class tame sometimes.

There is basically zero aftermarket parts available for the 110. You have to go to a Ford dealer to buy a new ring and pinion. Your only option for a locker is a welder. Then add in the fact that there are about zero rim options except like 19.5". You would have to have custom rims made. The list would go on and on. I don't think anyone in their right mind would switch to a 110.

I say let 450's pull. If they still had stock axles I bet they would be a bottom of the pack puller. That is if they could even get the truck down to 8000 pounds. With the stock axles, rims and tires I am not sure it would even be possible. The American Ride with the axles switched to Dana 80 and F250 Dana 60 front, single rear tires, regular cab, fuel cell, all ac components removed and stripped to pull still weighs in at almost 7600 pounds.

Last edited:
I say most places wont let you pull cause of the F450. I would be kewl with it pulling in 2.6

An F450 is heavier than a 1 ton... Rules state 1 ton or smaller, simple as that. BUT, I wouldn't be scared of one in the 2.6 class. They'll just be another bottom of the pack Powerstroke behind all the Cummins and Duramax trucks LOL

99-04 450 have dana 80s 8 on 225mm bolt circle 05-07 have dana 110s 10-225 bolt circle and they rated 1 1/2 ton