Ford F450 in 2.6 class

Does someone have an F450 that can show what it is registered as? I would consider them a 1.25 or 1.5-ton truck!

Well apparently you don't read previous posts very well, so let's review.

Ford, on their own website, lists the 2011 GVWRs as the same for both 350 and 450.

You can have your opinion and that's fine, but please explain how your opinion is somehow more valid than the data listed by the company that built the damn thing. Humor me.

I have no idea why Ford would do such a thing, but it's there in black and white. Do all the hand-waving you want, the numbers are the numbers.

Maybe Phord has no Pharking clue.

Therefore, just ban the 450 and be done with it. That's the penalty for being idiots.

How does this compare to a 1 1/4 ton cucv GM military pickup with same driveline as a civilian k30?

Are the cucv trucks out too?

How does this compare to a 1 1/4 ton cucv GM military pickup with same driveline as a civilian k30?

Are the cucv trucks out too?

I had a 1987 Military 1 1/4ton that I started my Gasser Super Stock build and honestly...I have no idea where they came up with the extra 1/4ton. The only difference I at all saw was the leaf spring pack...the pack was the exact same size as a 1ton but they had the "military wrap" (the 2nd leaf wrapped up around the main leaf), but other than that they where the same. I would have called that truck a 1ton anyday...not sure if I could say the same thing about the new F450 though!

Yes we were....but several people totally glossed over that.

But no matter anyways.

I didnt gloss over it. I was showing that in the 10th generation trucks they classified the 450 as 1 1/4 ton truck and the new 450 is the same truck only with a pickup bed on it. It has roughly the same ratings only higher as the the 97-03 model. so if Ford them selves designated them as such then thats what they are.

F450 Truck Specs, Ford f450 Truck Specs, F-450 Truck Specs and Sales, Ford F450 Truck Dealership, Ford F450 Truck Specification, Ford F450 Info

I didnt gloss over it.

Point well taken.

Why there is so much variation in the data, I have no idea. The link you posted isn't even a Ford corporate site, but a dealer. Then if you bother going to Ford corporate site, you can find 2 answers.

So, anywho, in light of all that, I'm gonna say the 450 is out.

Back