Fuel system set-up

getblown5.9

Ceritified Kleenex Dealer
Ok I know Got-Torque has had some talk of his set-up in various threads, but I wanna get it all concentrated in one place.

I am going to be feeding a 550cc 12mm pump with a FASS 150. I have to send my fass back for a bigger motor to hold the high pressures but what else do I need?

will 1/2" lines be enough? should I Tee it and do the dual feed on the pump?

will I need some type of external regulator? or will the pump do this internally?

what size fuel return is needed? can I just tie it into the existing vp44 return line or is that too small?

Ok I know Got-Torque has had some talk of his set-up in various threads, but I wanna get it all concentrated in one place.

I am going to be feeding a 550cc 12mm pump with a FASS 150. I have to send my fass back for a bigger motor to hold the high pressures but what else do I need?

will 1/2" lines be enough? should I Tee it and do the dual feed on the pump?

will I need some type of external regulator? or will the pump do this internally?

what size fuel return is needed? can I just tie it into the existing vp44 return line or is that too small?

I do have a few posts out there on my setup...

You will need the higher psi spring for the FASS (I think the 45 psi one was recommended). I reused my 1/2" lines.

I was told a dual feed was not necessary on a 550 cc pump, but I did it anyways. Much easier to plumb it all up when the pump is on the bench instead of changing things later.

I tied into the existing return line. If I did it again I would replace the hard lines and the factory tee with better pieces. I've fought mine alot to stop the leaking from the factory tee connection.

External regulator is not required, I added it just to prevent the FASS from running at 45psi all the time. However, my regulator isn't working and I see 40 psi all the time. I'd probably just skip it if I did it again...

thanks buddy, i will look into replacing the factory lines. Prolly cut the banjo bolt line going to the back of the head and use a flaring too to put a small flare on it, then connect a rubber hose to it and use JIC pushlocks on everything else like I have with my supply lines.

when you gonna post all the pics for me LOL

also- what type/style of fittings is used to tee off the oil line to the vacuum pump to feed the p-pump? i gotta make a list so I can get them all at one time.

How soon you starting the swap?

I didn't tee into the oil feed port for the vacuum pump. I used the next port to the rear. Metric threads to AN4 (I have the specs at home), then AN4 hose to the pump. I still need to go back and pull the fitting out (at the pump) and thread the inside of the fitting to insert a plug with a 5/64" hole in it. Right now it is a full 1/4" line which flows way too much oil to the pump...

How soon you starting the swap?

I didn't tee into the oil feed port for the vacuum pump. I used the next port to the rear. Metric threads to AN4 (I have the specs at home), then AN4 hose to the pump. I still need to go back and pull the fitting out (at the pump) and thread the inside of the fitting to insert a plug with a 5/64" hole in it. Right now it is a full 1/4" line which flows way too much oil to the pump...

post pics of that also...my buddy is a machinist i will have to get him to modify the fitting for me also

hey tj, i had a guy tell me that they have done quite a few of these conversions and they have been putting the raptor pump in front of the fass, or air dog, they tell me when you change the spring that it takes life out of the pump. i think that the raptor is adjustable so you can set it at whatever pressure you want.

im not just putting a higher pressure spring in the pump...im having the pump changed out to a better version made for the higher pressures of a 12v.

For your return lines you can use a 90* fitting in the back of the head, it is metric thread and you can get the right fittings to do it all with hose.
You don't need a dual feed for 550cc but if you want to instead of drilling and tapping a hole in your housing you can take the plug out of the front above your rack cap and install a metric fitting in there also. I can get you the fittings you need let me know.

does anyone know what those metric threads are? i have a local shop to get all these fittings, just need to know the size.

also is -6AN line big enough for the return since im running -8AN for the supply?

does anyone know what those metric threads are? i have a local shop to get all these fittings, just need to know the size.

also is -6AN line big enough for the return since im running -8AN for the supply?

That's what I'm using...Actually, I'm using the stock steel feed line on the frame for my return!

Chris

Use one of your ports back the block from your ps pump feed and run the line to your p pump, swap your feed line from the engine side to the throttle linkage side. Do you need throttle linkage?

Like this... (the camera didn't like all the new shiny paint)

DSC03930.jpg

Use one of your ports back the block from your ps pump feed and run the line to your p pump, swap your feed line from the engine side to the throttle linkage side. Do you need throttle linkage?

yes i need throttle linkage, and a pump support bracket

im not just putting a higher pressure spring in the pump...im having the pump changed out to a better version made for the higher pressures of a 12v.

When I did mine, it was cheaper and easier to buy a new hi pressure unit, then sell the old one for a half decent price. I think it was around $300 or so to get the bigger pump for my FASS 150. That was back when Doug owned PDW.

So a air dog 150 for the VP44 wont work with the P-7100 even when you up the feed pressure?