Funnycar Pics & Update

We are going to pass on the zoomies right now, we dont have time to fart with It. We`ll get to that later. As for the sfi cup, I wont need it. I`m not planning to have anymore children & my cajones are just there for fun. To a young man your age your cajones mean "everything" . :hehe:

LMAO! :hehe::hehe::hehe: I can't wait to see it run.

What tranny are yall running? Im just finishing up a new 12v project myself in a 81 1/2 chevy. I went with destroked stuff and a glide. Cant seem to get a tight enough convertor in the Ultra Bell? Any one else run into this? UB said nothing larger than a 10.5 but i have a 11" in it know and it wants to stall still way up near 4k. This is not what i want, i noticed TCI is on this board, i have a turbo shaft in this glide do you guys think you could get me a 10.5 or 11" convertor to lock up down under 2k?? Ive been currently working with trans pro and Art Carr.

im sure they can, cal the tci tech line & tell brad i told you to call. I know they can get it way lower than that with a 11"

Thanks, this is just my thinking anyway i would think it should be fluid locked by 1500 and rolling hard,this should effic. load the motor and the glide should help keep it loaded? This is the main reason i choose the glide over a TH400. Whats others using as stall speed out there? Ive had gas cars run through the convertors back when i thought you Have to have a super loose conv to go fast, na. Its all having the stall speed work with your torq. curve and we all know where that is in a cummins right? Heck it might would work great locked up as low as 12 -1300, what do you guys think- as for now its doing nothing but running right through it. Thanks Ryan

I wouldn't go much under 2000- otherwise you'll be fighting that 71mm turbine.

The one man on the planet that has the most experience with the glide/gear vendor combo is Scott Bentz. I have yet to actually run the setup. He tells me between 2600 & 3000. He ought to know.We are just beginning our testing on this setup but with all the experience of tci I`m sure we will get it tuned in pretty quick. They are one of the originals in the torque converter world & this should be easy for them.

Awesome John, I am looking forward to getting my TCI 5r110 in the ranger. You have got to love a company that tells ya, "If you break it, we didn't build it strong enough, Send it back in, so we can find the weak link, and fix that". :rockwoot:

The one man on the planet that has the most experience with the glide/gear vendor combo is Scott Bentz. I have yet to actually run the setup. He tells me between 2600 & 3000. He ought to know.We are just beginning our testing on this setup but with all the experience of tci I`m sure we will get it tuned in pretty quick. They are one of the originals in the torque converter world & this should be easy for them.

Scott's probably going to have to change his cell phone number when I start trying to set mine up...

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Talked to the tranny guy today he said pull it and bring it to him. He wanted to switch out the 182's for the 1.76's anyways, he said he would check all the clearances and make sure the issue isnt in the tranny. Then work out issues w/ the convertor, thier on board also to help get this project up and going. Im not heading after the times a lot of you guys are running, just a quick weekend pounder that will be so very diff. around my neck of the woods. The goal is just 6's in the 1/8. Ive been racing for years with a backhalfed datsun 240 small block on alky and go in the area of 6.3- 6.6 not sure if this heavier truck will do that and be reliable but 6.8 6.9 would make me happy. Souldnt be to hard huh?? Rolling chassis was 2160 race weight i believe will be around 4k with me in it.

John, stock up with beer! I'm gonna bring a couple guys who have been drooling over pics of the funny car by on Saturday after the joke of a race at Ennis.....

I`ll get the beer & the KY jelly ready. We worked till midnight last night & ran into alot of new problems. Nothing we cant work through, just means we have more work to do. I got very disgusted last night & I am considering burning this thing & selling it for scrap & going back to ropeing. Getting bucked off a horse every now & then was alot easier than this sh!t. :hehe::hehe:

I`ll get the beer & the KY jelly ready.

KY? What kind of racin' you plannin' on there John? :hehe::hehe::hehe:

There are always stumbling blocks when you are the first to try something. Good luck with whatever the issues are.

I`ll get the beer & the KY jelly ready. We worked till midnight last night & ran into alot of new problems. Nothing we cant work through, just means we have more work to do. I got very disgusted last night & I am considering burning this thing & selling it for scrap & going back to ropeing. Getting bucked off a horse every now & then was alot easier than this sh!t. :hehe::hehe:

Just keep going John. You know how this crap works. The closer you get, the farther you are until all of a sudden your done (well, racing at least). Keep us posted.

Just keep going John. You know how this crap works. The closer you get, the farther you are until all of a sudden your done (well, racing at least). Keep us posted.

Yes. And remember that no matter where you go, there you are.

Sorry guys for the post, i intended for that to be under my 12v toy thread. Got up to get some tea and forgot where i was, sorry i think they call that hyjacking over at DTR. Ryan P.S. love the funny car, great looking ride. Saw one in person few weeks ago over ay Bully Dog in denton. Do you know them or the car? I think it will be ready soon as well...

Thats this car. John Robinson, Texas Diesel power the car was at the bullydog dyno day.

What tranny are yall running? Im just finishing up a new 12v project myself in a 81 1/2 chevy. I went with destroked stuff and a glide. Cant seem to get a tight enough convertor in the Ultra Bell? Any one else run into this? UB said nothing larger than a 10.5 but i have a 11" in it know and it wants to stall still way up near 4k. This is not what i want, i noticed TCI is on this board, i have a turbo shaft in this glide do you guys think you could get me a 10.5 or 11" convertor to lock up down under 2k?? Ive been currently working with trans pro and Art Carr.

nope , you will have to run a two piece trans with a Browell Bellhousing, To to get below 4500 with any power at all.
but that is the great part of a P pump life begains at 4500

WHAT! This my be a diff. type of build than yours then, life want start at 4500 with this toy. This is all out of my pocket, just a weekend toy with prob. half the power as some of the more serious guys prob. like yourself. I intend on running in the 6's too but in the 1/8th. Trans pro dont think there will be a prob. getting it to stall in the 15-1800 range, but well see. I want a releiable weekend racer to bracket with and have fun, not tring to break any records here- ill leave that to you guys with all the money or sponsors- or both! Thanks guys Ryan

I'll say it in public too... John, hang in there and you'll be running in no time.