Funnycar Pics & Update

I`ll get the beer & the KY jelly ready. We worked till midnight last night & ran into alot of new problems. Nothing we cant work through, just means we have more work to do. I got very disgusted last night & I am considering burning this thing & selling it for scrap & going back to ropeing. Getting bucked off a horse every now & then was alot easier than this sh!t. :hehe::hehe:
The new car is looking totally BADAZZ John! Keep it up ! You are setting a new trend in the Diesel Drag Racing Arena.:rockwoot:

The KY jelly statement kinda worries me...... But hey if you let these guys sit in the dragster and pretend they're race car drivers they might be up for just about anything..........

I'll be standing a safe distance away holding the camera.

The KY jelly statement kinda worries me...... But hey if you let these guys sit in the dragster and pretend they're race car drivers they might be up for just about anything..........

I'll be standing a safe distance away holding the camera.
HMMMMMM

crewgirl-1.jpg

Things went alot better last night. Got the tank fitted, lines got here this morning, Brakes are blead, Fuel tank in & mounted.Notice the pic of the redneck drill press that chris & sleepy are running.:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Attachments

• 4-4 001.jpg
    4-4 001.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 4-4 003.jpg
    4-4 003.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 4-4 005.jpg
    4-4 005.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 115
  • 4-4 007.jpg
    4-4 007.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 126
That thing looks awesome John. WHen we going to Kennedale? I'll bring my driving suit,.......Just in case you get tired. LOL LOL

Shooting for wednesday. it wont be anything special. Just shake downs, Makeing sure it goes straight ect.

Let me know. I might make a trip up there. I get back Tuesday night from work.

Wednesday, crap. I cleared my schedule for the 8th. It is my Wife's birthday on the 9th. Not sure if I can go or not. :(

Bring the wife to the races!!!! I've met her, she's cool enough to go for it.

that would be funny if you busted out a 7 during a shakedown pass... i would NEVER be able to keep my foot off the floor with something like that

Wednesday huh ? I'm headed back to Texas tomorrow.
Let me know what time John...I may ride up to check it out.

Wednesday huh ? I'm headed back to Texas tomorrow.
Let me know what time John...I may ride up to check it out.

You should stop by the fire station also

can't wait to see that FC at the track

ok everyone , here is the question of the day , what dose FC really stand for on the side of a Funny Car

We got it fired up last night & quickley ate up the flexplate, I guess we got a little more shiming to do on that starter i was so proud of.Much less buy a flex plate. All & all it went well, 3 guys that tig for a living were in last night fitting up the charge air tubes. That might be the only thing holding up the wednesday deadline, if it does there is always friday.

Got alot more done, Check out the intercooler pipe & the cryo bulb.

Attachments

• 4-5 007.jpg
    4-5 007.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 4-5 009.jpg
    4-5 009.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 4-5 012.jpg
    4-5 012.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 4-5 008.jpg
    4-5 008.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 4-5 004.jpg
    4-5 004.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 131
John, that things comin' along real nice.

I got a few questions though, nothing major. First, those stacks are gonna look pretty good when it's all said and done, but are you still gonna have the "cowl" to cover the engine so it's not open like in those pics?
Second, are you worried at all about losing boost in that much intercooler piping? It looks like it's pretty big and pretty far from compressor to intake, but I could be wrong.

Keep up the good work and let us know how it goes.

Later
Chris