Funnycar Pics & Update

Those are concerns of ours as well. We will re-glass the hood back in soon. That is the way it came. the tubes are VERY long, we installed a blow off valve to keep from cratering the turbo . we have got to find some vacume somewhere to operate it though.As for losing boost, I dont thing so. we may have to tune & spool a little different but we have a really good trans brake. we went ahead & ran a little wastegate stack on it rather than run it into the exhaust. It was just alot easier & we are running out of room under there. after all is said & done i dont think we will ever get a set of zoomies on it either. It has also turned out very heavy. I will weigh it tomorrow. I bet it will push 2900 lbs.

It depends on a new ring gear & make sure the starter isnt too eaten up. Monday i'll try to get one next day aired in. We tryed to start it last night & there were not enough teeth left to start it. I think it hung in & started spitting out teeth like a sissy in a bar fight.LOL

It depends on a new ring gear & make sure the starter isnt too eaten up. Monday i'll try to get one next day aired in. We tryed to start it last night & there were not enough teeth left to start it. I think it hung in & started spitting out teeth like a sissy in a bar fight.LOL

Ouch :) Had a 401 in a CJ5 do that once - not pretty.

Looks like it's coming along great, guys - bummer about the starter - a literal 'teething' issue. You'll get it sorted, though - looks wicked.

Any idea what the front-rear bias is on it yet?

john you should build a replica of the car with the beer cans it takes to build it.

which one would be bigger?

john you should build a replica of the car with the beer cans it takes to build it.

which one would be bigger?

With all the beer can's and bottles, we could build about six replica's.

we went to the track friday, got 1 roll through done, had a bad vibration, found a blown inner tire on the left rear slick, had a few other small issues but will easily be fixed, we also weighed it & it came in alot lighter than we thought, 2410 lbs wet & ready to run, with out driver we were also pleased with the distribution of the weight, it is right on spec, It suprises me that this thing is the same weight of a alky funny car,I dont know how?

Must be the helium in the tires John LOL

And for anyone who has yet to experience new car blues you could have had a real good education on the subject Friday night. Man everyone was working from the time they got there til the time they left. It was a great moment to see the car break the beams. John thank you for allowing me to be a part of the team and help you with this project!

what's inside the intercooler pipe?

Those are cryogenic bulbs that pass freezing cold co2 through them, It runs through 3 of them in a daisey chain & then exhaust the co2 over the intercoler A co. called DEI is the co that builds them

Sounds like some high tech innercooling. Cool. Hope it works well for yall.

Glads to hear you guys are getting it together and working the bugs out. There is always something.

we also weighed it & it came in alot lighter than we thought, 2410 lbs wet & ready to run, with out driver we were also pleased with the distribution of the weight, it is right on spec, It suprises me that this thing is the same weight of a alky funny car,I dont know how?
That's awesome Mr. Force LOL
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Good deal John, I can't believe how light it turned out, that thing is gonna be insane...in a gooooooood way :evil

Here are some pics of the other night, Just a shake down,

Attachments

• funnycar_4.jpg
    funnycar_4.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 93
  • funnycar_3.jpg
    funnycar_3.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 78
  • funnycar_2.jpg
    funnycar_2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 81
How come in most pictures, I don't see your name? Didn't you do some of the work?

Remember it is a promo tool for you too John!

Nice work John! :woohoo:

Glad to see your hard work is paying off! 3 weeks ago you were far from finished when I dropped by but I know whats it like when yer gettin close...........can't finish it fast enough! LOL

Give me a shout when you head out again, I am back here in Texas.

Keith