Get Ready- DIVISION 5- North East Points Series....

Twisted Shifter said:
If it is a sanctioned NHRDA event, yes they must have a membership. As Jeff said, you get a T-shirt and decal so the membership is only about $20.00 if you look at it that way. I am also working out details with a few vendors for NHRDA card carrying members to receive a discount on products ordered.

Ok thanks. Now with that said, could the track hosting the race maybe have an "open" diesel class, that would allow people to race for fun? Or maybe even just some hot laps? Sorry for all the questions, but If the more I know, the more I can help promote these races!!

Last edited:
RacinDuallie said:
NORTH EAST ARE YOU READY??????:tree: :woohoo:

My question is are you?? I'd like to see that racing dually in action. I plan on attending the events in Mechanicsville.

You'll just have to wait and see......:evil

My Pro Mod is still being worked- no time line for it- when it's done-it's done and will be out running:rules: These things are dang costly and hurtful to my pocket.....but it's coming along.

I will, however, have my ol duallie out and running, reborn with lots more power.:evil :ft: :ft: *nx*

:evil :evil :evil Or we'll see how fast the new NHRDA Company Drag Truck gets thrown together........:woohoo:

:pop:

crzycowboy said:
Ok thanks. Now with that said, could the track hosting the race maybe have an "open" diesel class, that would allow people to race for fun? Or maybe even just some hot laps? Sorry for all the questions, but If the more I know, the more I can help promote these races!!

That would depend on the track and the schedule. We all race for fun, if we dont then why do it?

Twisted Shifter said:
That would depend on the track and the schedule. We all race for fun, if we dont then why do it?

This is very true, thanks Chris.

Sounds great.

I plan to attend as many of the races as i can. Most of them are within 2 or 3 hours of me...

Well if you are the one that is setting up the whole event (you did last year,no?) then i would think you could make an open class. I didnt know many people there last year so i dont know how many of the trucks that showed up were NHRDA members. Not saying i wont join, but it would be nice to just be able to show up and have some fun, and im sure thats the case for more people than just me.

BigB82789 said:
Well if you are the one that is setting up the whole event (you did last year,no?) then i would think you could make an open class. I didnt know many people there last year so i dont know how many of the trucks that showed up were NHRDA members. Not saying i wont join, but it would be nice to just be able to show up and have some fun, and im sure thats the case for more people than just me.

Last years race, yes I set that up with Thompson Raceway Park...this however is a NHRDA race. They set this up. I don't know if NHRDA gets that whole day and the track to themself or not. If T.R.P. piggy backed the event with another event they have, there very well be a chance for you to race in the street class they normaly run. Rememeber, if you're a NHRDA member, you could win some $$$ that day from the contingency money they'll have for grabs, even if you don't run for the "points"...

MIR is a stand up race track, and after every record wade set at there track, he got all kinds of high fives and slapped hands with all the managment and even the owner was there to congratulate. If things go as expected with our pro mod it will be one year that will go down in diesel history. For us and the CR cummins.:rockwoot:

I cant wait to be there and see the score boards light up after a good pass.

Last years race, yes I set that up with Thompson Raceway Park...this however is a NHRDA race. They set this up. I don't know if NHRDA gets that whole day and the track to themself or not. If T.R.P. piggy backed the event with another event they have, there very well be a chance for you to race in the street class they normaly run. Rememeber, if you're a NHRDA member, you could win some $$$ that day from the contingency money they'll have for grabs, even if you don't run for the "points"...
Ok, i see. How do they run for the money then? Bracket racing?

BigB82789 said:
Ok, i see. How do they run for the money then? Bracket racing?
NHRDA members are awarded contingency money from participating contingency sponsors. . .:woohoo: 1ST 2ND 3RD winners...

any word on the contingency sponsors yet? I know last year I would not have qualified for any of the contingency money

We will have a complete list of supporting contingency sponsors up soon....

AND don't forget winning purses for the event wins, and the nice trophies that are handed out too- the trophies are great looking for the shop or garage too. LOL LOL

RacinDuallie said:
We will have a complete list of supporting contingency sponsors up soon....

I suppose that the stickers will have to run on both sides, thats sucks with a regular cab unless you slap them on the door(kinda ricer) don't have that extra glass like a EC/CC. Wonder if them sign magnets will stay on at 100mph?

I know this is about racing...but will there be contingency money for sled pulling as well?