Good Smarty Tunes

countryman2672

Im looking for some good tunes on the smarty. Im 17, and new to diesel performance so the details are still being worked out. Everything I have on the rig is in my signature. Im looking for an all out power tune, a good daily driver tune for power and mileage, and an all out mileage tune. Ive been running on sw-9 trying to drive efficiently and running in the 17-18 mpg range, not bad for a 7300lb rig with 35s but Id like 20s so if anyone could help Id appreciate it.

Last edited:
I LOVED SW7! then I did some extra mods and run TNT on SW9 now AND WOW!

you're not going to get better fuel mileage IMO... just enjoy what you've got

my favorite Smarty tune was TNT8 with timing and stock torque management

Thanks guys, Im going to try the suggestions and see what works, were getting pounded with snow right now so less power is definitely good. Any suggestions on switching to TNT software or staying with regular revo. Also any suggestions on the tq management and all the other settings? Forrest, why dont you think ill find better mileage? just curious, Thanks again

Probably because you're 17...and you're gonna have your foot on the floor every chance you get.

I could care less about fuel mileage though. In fact...I think we should never type the letters "MPG" on COMPETITIONDiesel again.

Wow, really you pulled the age card... Ive put my heart and soul, blood sweat and hard earned money into this truck and wouldn't dare do anything stupid to mess it up, including putting my foot on the floor every chance I get... I was told this was the more mature of the forums along with better knowledge. The reasons I have it tuned high are mostly towing power along with the fun of building a truck, not showing off and proving that my dodge is better than a ford chevy etc. Reasoning for me wanting MPG is because Im 17 and about to but myself through college so saving some money would be nice. So can we put all immaturity aside and talk about trucks

Wow, really you pulled the age card... Ive put my heart and soul, blood sweat and hard earned money into this truck and wouldn't dare do anything stupid to mess it up, including putting my foot on the floor every chance I get... I was told this was the more mature of the forums along with better knowledge. The reasons I have it tuned high are mostly towing power along with the fun of building a truck, not showing off and proving that my dodge is better than a ford chevy etc. Reasoning for me wanting MPG is because Im 17 and about to but myself through college so saving some money would be nice. So can we put all immaturity aside and talk about trucks

Maturity! :Cheer:

I see you passed the test young grasshopper.

:welcome:

it ran about 10x cleaner... TNT 9 has a ridiculous amount of off-boost fuel... I DO NOT understand why that tune exists... it smokes so much on stock injectors, I can't imagine it being used with big sticks.

TNT7 felt kinda "soggy"... can't really explain it... TNT8 was my favorite

it ran about 10x cleaner... TNT 9 has a ridiculous amount of off-boost fuel... I DO NOT understand why that tune exists... it smokes so much on stock injectors, I can't imagine it being used with big sticks.

TNT7 felt kinda "soggy"... can't really explain it... TNT8 was my favorite

Forrest

I'm running the standard Smarty tunes, with flux 2's and Rip's twins, stock pump. You think the same holds true for my setup? Just wondering, I think I will try it, you running the timing the same level as the odd tunes?

Thank you diesel duck and forest do you think upgrading to the tnt and running 8 with my set up would help my situation?

Thank you diesel duck and forest do you think upgrading to the tnt and running 8 with my set up would help my situation?

Countryman

I don't think that the TNT will help with mileage, probably be worse from what I have herd (heavy fueling). I have never tried the TNT tunes, I am trying to keep the smoke down on the street + I feel I would need a modded pump to make it work.

I can see where youre coming from, although I know of a guy who runs tnt on 100 on a truck with intake exhaust and clutch with guages and thats it and likes it he never did mpgs but says its not bad. I think whats killing me is the 35's I like the look but I think im going to downsize to 33s and just lower the truck a little

I think TNT has more timing... if you can keep the thing from smoking, it should help mileage.

I didn't notice any real difference in highway mileage with the TNT software.

I don't see any reason to run the standard tunes, the TNT tunes run really well

I might have to dowload them then, I am pretty good at keeping down the smoke, my main driving is hilly rural pa, "city" driving