Good Smarty Tunes

Wow, really you pulled the age card... Ive put my heart and soul, blood sweat and hard earned money into this truck and wouldn't dare do anything stupid to mess it up, including putting my foot on the floor every chance I get... I was told this was the more mature of the forums along with better knowledge. The reasons I have it tuned high are mostly towing power along with the fun of building a truck, not showing off and proving that my dodge is better than a ford chevy etc. Reasoning for me wanting MPG is because Im 17 and about to but myself through college so saving some money would be nice. So can we put all immaturity aside and talk about trucks

Welcome to compd!! Im also 17 but i own a 12 valve. Judging by that post you will fit in nicely here. Lots to learn if your wiling to take constructive critsism and guys razzing ya.

I cannot comment on the smarty tunes though. I would turn it back to stock for mileage. But then again i have ZERO knowledge on the smarty.

Wow, really you pulled the age card... Ive put my heart and soul, blood sweat and hard earned money into this truck and wouldn't dare do anything stupid to mess it up, including putting my foot on the floor every chance I get... I was told this was the more mature of the forums along with better knowledge. The reasons I have it tuned high are mostly towing power along with the fun of building a truck, not showing off and proving that my dodge is better than a ford chevy etc. Reasoning for me wanting MPG is because Im 17 and about to but myself through college so saving some money would be nice. So can we put all immaturity aside and talk about trucks

If you're worried about mileage with a full size truck and wishing to save some money, you're doing it wrong.

Sell the truck, get a POS beater, graduate, buy something later in life when you can afford to have a "want" over a "need". Logically, that's the correct route. It's your money tho. :)

I can understand your point, but this truck is used in our family business as well so the only other option is gas....which means there isnt another option. In all honesty I can suffer the cost it would just be nice to be up a little higher in mpgs. Ive heard of trucks getting well into the twenties I just havent heard how yet or the circumstances

I've seen people claim 25 27, even 30 but it's mostly bullchit, depending on your gearing, weight, how you drive, hp, manual, auto, etc. I get right around 17-18 in my megacab on 35's. I might even switch down to 33's on the next set butttttt then again 37's do look nice as well. Most people either look at thier MPG reader and see a number that's no where close to what they are getting, sure on the highway I get a little over 20 but on the city it's real low, so after hand calculating almost every tank I know where Im honestly at.

I figured, im glad to hear that someone else with a similar situation is getting the same mpg I guess the 18 mpg is pretty good then

18mpg is DAMN good in a big truck... the best my mega could muster with a front replacement bumper and 34" highway tires was 17.8mpg a 70mph...

life's too short for all that... I drove 85-90mph everywhere

I guess I'm good then, and it is hand calculated with mileage from a gps left on 24/7. Anyway back to a tune, any benefit with tnt with my set up?

Anyway back to a tune, any benefit with tnt with my set up?

A friend of mine ran TNT on a setup similar to yours, and he did not like it. After going to twins, upgraded cp3, and larger nozzles, it was a different story. Keep in mind: everyone's driving style is different and if you hang around here long enough, you'll see that what works well on one guy's truck does not always work well on another.

What's involved I n switching over

Just downloading the new tune. It's on MADs website. BTW I used to get 23mpg from my old Cummins.... But it was a 94 12v 2WD with a gear vendors overdrive. I have no idea what my quad cab gets, I don't care.

it ran about 10x cleaner... TNT 9 has a ridiculous amount of off-boost fuel... I DO NOT understand why that tune exists... it smokes so much on stock injectors, I can't imagine it being used with big sticks.

You don't want to imagine. It's horrible. Even on TRQ 1 my truck as a constant haze if I'm on the throttle. If I give her the fuel before I'm on top of that charger buh-bye 3 lanes of traffic. But I'm also at altitude, with a single. It's just plain annoying.

A friend of mine ran TNT on a setup similar to yours, and he did not like it. After going to twins, upgraded cp3, and larger nozzles, it was a different story. Keep in mind: everyone's driving style is different and if you hang around here long enough, you'll see that what works well on one guy's truck does not always work well on another.

why on earth would he not like it? :confused:

ran like stink on my stock trucks