Guaranteed coverage in Diesel Power, Please read!!!!!

hpprose

In the Dark
Hey Guys,

As many of you know I freelance for most of the diesel publications (Diesel Power, Diesel World, 8-Lug) as well as many other publications. But anyway, I just got off the phone with David Kennedy and they are going to be covering the diesels at Drag Week. There is lots of room left to register for Hot Rod's Drag Week, and if you do and go, Diesel Power will cover your truck. I'm not saying a feature, cover.

I know Project X will be there, I have heard that Brian Carter will be there, but we need all the diesel support we can get there. Heck, here is a great chance to go head to head with Project X, and all of the other participants.

Here is a link
http://www.hotrod.com/upcomingevents/hdrp_2007_drag_week_rules_registration/index.html

No kidding... makin me think twice about flying in versus the 30 hour drive from Cali. Guess I'll be going to look at that dually for sale next week, after all lol.

just remember, once this starts, everyone has to drive to and from each track.

this sounds kinda like that cannon ball run thing LOL. But no, too much for me and too far away. I was talking about hauling in to Houston anyway, not this. Oh well.

I'm gonna try and hit that up next year, possibly with the Fordota.

This kind of opportunity doesn't happen very often. I would recomend anyone that can go, to go.

I'm not the one that's going to be covering it, but I know how rare it is to get guaranteed coverage. That's big

I had wanted to try to go...work and a blown motor seem to have changed those plans.

Wait a min. don't you have a motor? I though I read that you just picked up a Cummins. --- Which engine? 12, 24 or common rail?

Yeah, I would like to go as well, but at last, not this year.

Yea...I have a Common Rail being built by Joe Hellmann...it won't be done untill October at the earliest.

This sounds tempting, but almost too much work.:hehe:

I don't think the truck will be ready by then anyway, but it'll be close.:evil

I will be there again for the second year with Project X diesel. It’s an adventure that is definitely worth the work. This year will be better in that we will not have to slow down to a 12 second average

anyone that would like a pointer or two, give me a call, there is a few things we learned last year that I will pass on

How serious of a racer to you need to be? This looks like a great event, but is it too much for a novice to get involved with?

Hot Rod's drag week is for people like us. We love to drag race out vehicles and then go home. Not for professionals.

So, as far as being a novice, that's cool. It is designed so that everyone can have fun. Yes there are awards given out, but it is designed for fun.

Might have to take vaction to follow along. Not too far from home. I am not ready to compete. Maybe next year.:ft:

COMP461 said:
I will be there again for the second year with Project X diesel. It’s an adventure that is definitely worth the work. This year will be better in that we will not have to slow down to a 12 second average
Judging by how it ran in Denver, you'll be lucky to even get in the 12s lol

I buy all the diesel rags but every truck looks the same with either the same hillbilly lift and mudder tires or duallies with gay bullhorn stacks. Get some street rods in there once in awhile. I thought Richard's truck got a story but I only saw a small pic and a single paragraph on the last page.

Last edited: