Guaranteed coverage in Diesel Power, Please read!!!!!

Yeah, I was going to feature it but the engine kind of fell out. I talked to him briefly last month or so and when the new 5.9 get installed and he is up and running again, I'm going to see if I can feature it. Hopefully it will be done by October...

It runs just fine, dyno 928 with the same tune, nothing changed. Just the tune was confused by the DI of 12,500.

Drag week is not aimed at experts, everyone can have a blast. Its more like a racing safari. There will be a lot of fun and experiences you will remember for the rest of your life Now the bracket race on Friday, that where you find out the skill of a driver.

How do you figure the tune was "confused" by the DI? This ain't gasser trash world. Someone needs to learn how to drive it maybe lol. No 928hp truck runs 14s even at 6000 feet.

the time was 13.47 @ 121.89 the 60' was right at 3.00 , but if you would like to line up next to this poor tired , slow truck , be my guest , sign up for Drag Week .

and I dont argue with pigs , I make bacon out of them

That might have been the best time of the weekend but the laps I saw were not even close to that... more like 14 something at 80 something if I remember right. I just remember telling a buddy to watch this truck run and then had to make excuses as to what he was supposed to be watching. Bring that heap back next year and I'll line up with it. Hell, I ran not a whole lot slower with a manual tranny and about 1/3 the supposed HP of X on the very same track a couple years ago. I can certainly cover that pile of bolts with 2 plugged injectors if that's all it's got. You make bacon huh lol. Bring it Gregory you should know better.

unless you were at the NHRA event then you didn't see me run ,

Wow I kinda feel like I walked into a kindergarten classroom and the boys are fighting over their hot wheels..........

COMP461 said:
the time was 13.47 @ 121.89 the 60' was right at 3.00 , but if you would like to line up next to this poor tired , slow truck , be my guest , sign up for Drag Week .

and I dont argue with pigs , I make bacon out of them

WOW, 3.0 60' with 122 on the top end....one day LOL

And I also love bacon

It just would not spool; I had misjudged the nitrous ramp on the NX Variable controller. This was diesel début to the mainstream world of NHRA in a street type truck. There was no way I was going to chug on it and risk smoking out the lights. X left the line like it was pulling a trailer and took off like a rocket when the turbo and the nitrous lite. The 1/8 mile was 97 mph. The mph was just a factor of pure HP. and the back half was 2 tenths quicker then Project X has ever gone. I can’t wait to get back to the track. The truck is again on the lift waiting on the power coater to finish the Charlie Stewart fabricated rear end. We didn’t have time to do all the detail work with such a short time between speed trials and this race. So we are cleaning it all up a little. I did get to look at the Gears and axels and after 2000 miles they look like new, the rigidness of the housing is apparent. The fact that the complete rear end is 400 + lbs lighter then the old AMA 11.25 is great in that it is unsprung weight. The handling is noticeable different with out all that mass also, makes the truck feel like a sports truck.

It does handle different than a regular old Dodge with Charlie's fabbed 9 inch under it. Hurry up and put it back together I want to do some more burnouts.

crewgirl said:
It does handle different than a regular old Dodge with Charlie's fabbed 9 inch under it. Hurry up and put it back together I want to do some more burnouts.

Give a girl a foot with fast trucks, what dose she does. 300 foot burnouts

She is learning fast, getting ready for a few driving lessons in anticipation of running NHRA Stock Eliminator

Last edited:
Why would you say that Alex is an accomplished wheelman on a 6.50 220 mph Pro Mod. He made it to the finals on driving ability. I appreciate the fact that he stepped in to drive for me when I had to fly back home after the NHRA mile high Nationals, and was not able to return, due to a change in schedule of surgery ot my wife. This was his first time at the wheel of a diesel truck. I do see the 6 second zone being in serious danger soon, with him at the wheel

COMP461 said:
This was his first time at the wheel of a diesel truck. I do see the 6 second zone being in serious danger soon, with him at the wheel

come on Greg this is the stuff that people keep getting on you about ad a smiley face after words will help people from slaming you by thanking that your serous put a great drive in a 12 second truck and have the 6 second zone in danger:bow:

There are other vehicles that Greg is speaking of. Project X will never see 6 sec and Greg knows that.

Greg is referring to a vehicle that I'm not sure he should be discussing. As with many people in here, there are vehicles being built as we speak of for many different individuals for many different purposes. Enough said.

I figured that hpprose but if you read his post it does not say anything about another truck. I am just tring to help greg out a little if your one of the people that have somthing against him that is just another spot to jump on him at

Actually, I have had the fortune of working with Greg on quite a few different projects and I feel like I know Greg fairly well. He is a great guy with a ton of energy but unfortunately he is misunderstood. His personality doesn’t show through the words written on Forums like this and I feel like he ends up getting crapped on a little too much.

My wife said I could go. What should I bring if I can make it?