Guaranteed coverage in Diesel Power, Please read!!!!!

Toolbox, Change of clothes, Toothpaste..........

You start at one dragstrip, and the whole point is that you take the drag racing vehicle, under it's own steam, to the next 4 dragstrips.

hpprose said:
He is a great guy with a ton of energy but unfortunately he is misunderstood. His personality doesn’t show through the words written on Forums like this and I feel like he ends up getting crapped on a little too much.

my point exactly just tring to get him to proof read a little more

Yea what BOBO said? whats the plan? Greg I'll call you in the morning to talk about Drag week. I hope the old farm truck dose alright with the big boys.......

The Fat Kid
Andy

Bobo said:
My wife said I could go. What should I bring if I can make it?

OK here is the list of what I see is necessary for drag week.
Tools
1, a specialty tool box that holds all the tools you possible can not borrow from anyone else that has normal tools. Like 19 mm wrench for injectors. Not that you might need it, but if you don’t have it, you will. In this box, you will need electrical supplies, connectors, fuses, relays, just enough to et you off the side of the road or down the track in the last hour. Remember AutoZone, such is just around the corner

2 go to Home Depot of some place like that and get one of those all in one took kits for 199 or something like it. This is a better organized set.

3 an aluminum jack and jack stands, a fold up four way lug wrench. And spare lug nuts.

Supplies
at least enough nitrous bottles for 6 to 10 passes . I use one 15 bottle for each 3 passes. A .125 jet uses .402 lbs per second @1000 lbs bottle pressure. they will fill your bottles for free, but it takes a while to get them filled, around a hour
1, fuel additive , oil , anti freeze rear end lube, transmission fluid
2, a air tank of some kind .
3, a 12 volt drop lights and a place to get power , x 2
4, 1 gallon water jug and hand cleaner ,

Personal gear ,
1, Dark colored Racing T shirts, enough for the entire trip , dark colors don’t show dirt.
2, light weight jacket , it some times get cool and rains
3, one pair of light coveralls to get really dirty in , if needed.
4, two of every personal ear , you will lose ,

Tires ,
1, if your running a 2 wheel drive you need drag radials and make sure you front and rear tires are interchangeable , then you drag radials become your spares

Strategies
You need to fit everything in the bed with the understanding that you will get to the track and unload, change tires and race load and go to the next track. The quicker you get you runs done and on the road, the more rest you will get. You don’t need to reserve a motel room IMO, it restricts you if plans change. You will meet a lot of people on the road that will help if needed, but more then likely you will be the one helping them.

Practice, practice, practice and make sure you are ready a week before. Food is optional

And remember HAVE FUN

Any more questions call me:welcome:

crewgirl said:
Toolbox, Change of clothes, Toothpaste..........

You start at one dragstrip, and the whole point is that you take the drag racing vehicle, under it's own steam, to the next 4 dragstrips.

there is a open seat for you in Project X

COMP461 said:
It just would not spool; I had misjudged the nitrous ramp on the NX Variable controller
Not to hijack your thread Greg but you're saying you couldn't spool a 66 even with your cam and all the head work that went into that thing? Come on now...

I run an extremely tight torque converter, the tightest that NADP had. Its full stall, where it sets into high gear is only 3100. This makes it work off the line with variable nitrous and has produced a number of 1.60 60 foots. This makes it very sluggish off the live if you leave wrong. At Denver the whole purpose of the event was to run a NHRA National event, driving 780 miles and into the gate. This made a huge splash in the mainstream world. There was no way I was going to risk anything happen that could jeopardize this by either smoking out the starter or lights, or breaking. But if you drought the abilities of the truck, here is your chance to prove your worthy, come to drag week and pit you self and you equipment against Project X diesel.

I mean there are those that are keyboard racers and then there are those that will put up of shut up.

so it looks like, TOOLS, TOOLS, fuilds, some clothes, and as much fun as i can have with my pants on:rockwoot:. so Greg when should i comit by? the sooner the better I'm sure. working on getting spare parts now, tires, maybe a turbo and injectors, and all around cash.

The Fat Kid
Andy

Hey Andy,

Registration is limited to 250. Last time I talked to David at Hot Rod he said there was plenty of room left. Now, I don't know exactly what that means, but I would certainly recommend to anyone interested, sooner is much better than later.

COMP461 said:
I run an extremely tight torque converter, the tightest that NADP had. Its full stall, where it sets into high gear is only 3100. This makes it work off the line with variable nitrous and has produced a number of 1.60 60 foots. This makes it very sluggish off the live if you leave wrong. At Denver the whole purpose of the event was to run a NHRA National event, driving 780 miles and into the gate. This made a huge splash in the mainstream world. There was no way I was going to risk anything happen that could jeopardize this by either smoking out the starter or lights, or breaking. But if you drought the abilities of the truck, here is your chance to prove your worthy, come to drag week and pit you self and you equipment against Project X diesel.

I mean there are those that are keyboard racers and then there are those that will put up of shut up.
I wish I could up and take off for a week to do it. Glad you made a big splash in Denver and didn't smoke out the joint. I'm on your side Gregory regarding smoke lol. Now as far as me being worthy and a keyboard racer... I'm not that awestruck by drag racing in general. Cut a light and go. On the other hand I have performed at a national level racing MX where it truly does take some guts and skills. These days I jump sleds off 75' cornices and gap 100' hwys. Your hands would be shaking so hard you wouldn't be able to even hold on to your peepee to take a leak standing in my boots on those days so whoopydedoo. You bring that heap aka X back to Denver next year and if this year is any indication as to the truck or driver's abilities, this keyboard racer will put the smack down on you faster than Monica Lewinski can sign up for another Clinton White House internship.

I'm good to go.. My rider got the ok to take off from his wife.. I'll sign up tonight.. Do I just sign up for the NHRA on their website? Can we really pull a travel trailer? Thanks..

well i sent in my app. friday! have a rider to go with too. now i just need to wait and get the conformation email..........

The Fat Kid
Andy

I'll be there to lend a hand too, should anyone need anything. Glad to see some diesels are going to make it! I might have something to play with there next year, but for right now 18 sec passes in my stock dually aren't going to prove anything LOL.....thanks again guys, and look for your trucks to get mentioned either in pics or in words in the magazine!

Jason Sands
Associate Editor
Diesel Power Magazine

Greg said we didn't have to sign up for NHRA unless we're running very fast. I just entered the daily driver division.