Hamilton 12 valve head pics!

Very Cool! If you cut .050" off of the deeck and cut a 30 d3egree angle on top of the 45 degree seat, the .100" and .200" numbers will come up a good bit. If you cut the intake off and start porting, focus on the roof giving it a slight cathedral style port entrance. And don't worry about the head bolt hole casting protruding into the port. You can put it flush with the wall and only have a 5% chance of punching through. Even then, you can have it sleeved.
Thank you for posting up the info!

Very Cool! If you cut .050" off of the deeck and cut a 30 d3egree angle on top of the 45 degree seat, the .100" and .200" numbers will come up a good bit. If you cut the intake off and start porting, focus on the roof giving it a slight cathedral style port entrance. And don't worry about the head bolt hole casting protruding into the port. You can put it flush with the wall and only have a 5% chance of punching through. Even then, you can have it sleeved.

Zach, curious on why do you want to cut the deck for? Thanks for the info buddy.

We decide on running an earlier VE 12V block 5.9L with 03/04 piston bowls. I wished that I had more flow bench data at the higher valve lifts.

It will put the valve in the cylinder and unshroud the valve considerably which will in turn kick up the low-lift flow. (.200 and under) Doing this and a 30degree intake angle netted us +20CFM at .200" lift on a test head.

Zach

The 1st head bolt casting made me a bit nervous but after that one the rest went quick. Plenty of meat there to work with.

Zach, curious on why do you want to cut the deck for? Thanks for the info buddy.

We decide on running an earlier VE 12V block 5.9L with 03/04 piston bowls. I wished that I had more flow bench data at the higher valve lifts.

Why would you choose to run that block? Just curious

The 1st head bolt casting made me a bit nervous but after that one the rest went quick. Plenty of meat there to work with.

The headbolt holes make me nervous as well, ive grond mine donw flush, but its scary.

Anyone ever seen the head crack there once the head is bolted down?

Drove the truck a good amount yesterday. I was able to get 3 heavy hits in and the truck spools up much quicker than it use to. Also did 3 stall tests to 20psi. Truck spools up twice as easy on fuel. At wot i am hitting 75 psi. Truck used to hit 95. So far some impressive results.

The exhaust side was heavily ported. Notta on the intake.

QUOTE=VMAX;1702928]Drove the truck a good amount yesterday. I was able to get 3 heavy hits in and the truck spools up much quicker than it use to. Also did 3 stall tests to 20psi. Truck spools up twice as easy on fuel. At wot i am hitting 75 psi. Truck used to hit 95. So far some impressive results.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear.

Drove the truck a good amount yesterday. I was able to get 3 heavy hits in and the truck spools up much quicker than it use to. Also did 3 stall tests to 20psi. Truck spools up twice as easy on fuel. At wot i am hitting 75 psi. Truck used to hit 95. So far some impressive results.

That is good, I was over 100psi last year and I am hoping for 80-90 this year with the head, looks promising!

I mentioned this in the past and will do so again in all fairness........ When the Hamilton head went on we also went from 3" to 4" piping and added a Hamilton Cam. So some of the pressure drop might have been because of those mods too.

Now spool up is all the head and what a difference it is.

I get my drive shaft tonight, truck is running nice and smooth but the roads are way to wet to have fun right now