Hamilton 12 valve head pics!

Well 24 rookie hours later the head is finally done. With the porting and polishing that is. Still need to get the intake side of the head flattened at the machine shop though. Could have polished some more but we need to move on with the build.

2011-10-06140221.jpg

2011-10-09151628.jpg

2011-10-09113222.jpg

2011-10-09113550.jpg

2011-10-09151707.jpg

2011-10-09153913.jpg

If you get a chance, have a good valve job done and then get that thing on the flow bench. If you want swirl and flow numbers, bring it up and I will hook you up.

Thanks to Keating for getting this to me. A lot of people go to the SMT rocker system to keep the rocker pedestal deflection to a minimum. That is a lot of money, and with this valve cover to stabilize the rocker pedestals and some more affordable Harland Sharpe rockers you will get the performance with half the cost. Very worthwhile performance product!

DSC_0638.jpg

DSC_0667.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

This may seem like a silly question but how are you running the injection lines with this cover and a single gasket? Or will I need to go to the non single gasket cover. I may do it just to get the oil cap mine has disappeared :hehe:

Last edited:
This may seem like a silly question but how are you running the injection lines with this cover and a single gasket? Or will I need to go to the non single gasket cover. I may do it just to get the oil cap mine has disappeared :hehe:

Quote from Keatings site
"Sealed with o-ring.Add $50.00 for maching to use stock injection lines"

Saw that but it will have to be 6 individual orings like the original piece zach was having them machine it to just have one from what I understood. i was just wondering if it would work with stock lines and one o ring, I like the idea of less.

unless you're going to fish the injection lines through holes in the cover, I'm not sure how you'd be able to have just one o-ring... surely you wouldn't suggest having it cut so that removing the cover would require removing the lines, right? :D

Any flow numbers on the new head with the cutoff intake shelf and runner manifold or plenum?

I have not flowed them with the individual runner on them yet, but a few others have. Dunno where they are at.

Whats the largest valve that been run in the head so far? Been thinking go big.

Probably pickup 50 more cfm just by removing the texas stamping and go with a maple leaf instead.:hehe:

It maybe just me but I'm not into the bigger valve thing, I'm more into making what you have flow better and pushing that to the max first, no doubt that this head is far superior to that non-flowing stock crap.

Jim

A customer put 1.970" valves in and lost a lot of flow, 20-30 CFM if I remember correctly. To gain more flow you need to do quite a lot of work with the larger valves( on the short turn)

I like the 1.850" valves as they keep the velocity up there. That will help make the bottom end a little more crisp.

Mike, you are going to have a beast regardless of which way you choose. The heads mojo, a piece of Sampson's hair, some of Popeye's spinach and a small piece of flux capacitor are cast into the Texas symbol. You take that off and put just a maple leaf in it's place and the thing might give it up on the first pass.

Last edited:
Mike, you are going to have a beast regardless of which way you choose. The heads mojo, a piece of Sampson's hair, some of Popeye's spinach and a small piece of flux capacitor are cast into the Texas symbol. You take that off and put just a maple leaf in it's place and the thing might give it up on the first pass.

BAHAAAHAHAHA!

el oh el, my good man

A customer put 1.970" valves in and lost a lot of flow, 20-30 CFM if I remember correctly. To gain more flow you need to do quite a lot of work with the larger valves( on the short turn)

I like the 1.850" valves as they keep the velocity up there. That will help make the bottom end a little more crisp.

Thanks, did they keep the 1.75in extakes valves? I been thinking about running the more common 2.02in for the intake. Been trying to source a few extra cylinders so we can do some flow bench work. I think there is lots of tweaking room.:evil

Been hoping to get into the mid 300 cfm flow ranges, might be dreaming. We have a few 24V CR heads getting close to 300cfm range.

Thanks again buddy for stick with this project.:clap:

Back