Hamilton 12 valve head pics!

Got a little carried away with the grinder today.

2011-09-28135400-1.jpg

2011-09-28141925.jpg

Last edited:
No it and the motor build might break me. LOL.

Gonna clean it up and do some porting to it Saturday. Not much work on the intake side, mostly just smoothing it, but a decent amount on the exhaust side.

don't go crazy on it. I would just clean up both sides...

A LOT of work went into the design of those ports. Smoothing? fine... re-shaping? I'd leave it to somebody who's already clocked in thousands of hours on the flow bench

damn man you keep raising the bar on me! Hope the new block works for you. That thing just keeps getting better and better.

don't go crazy on it. I would just clean up both sides...

A LOT of work went into the design of those ports. Smoothing? fine... re-shaping? I'd leave it to somebody who's already clocked in thousands of hours on the flow bench
agreed. just gasket matching on exhaust side and smoothing.

damn man you keep raising the bar on me! Hope the new block works for you. That thing just keeps getting better and better.
I think the block is fine we stripped today. Might need a sleeve on 6. Mostly getting into this head/cam to keep temps down and spool easier. I might very well be backing out fuel when build is done to get temps in check. So in short if I can get the above and go faster great. But faster is on the back burner now.

VMAX, it wouldn't take much to make that head flow allot, it does good one it's own from the numbers I read, don't know how the exhaust side is designed but a stocker will gain quite a bit from raising the roof, that is one of the biggest things my head porter does.

Having said that the head on my 98' flows 214/192 @550 lift with the manifold still on, he spend allot of time on it!

Jim

Nice pictures Zack! I think you need more heads! hehe Looking good man!

I wish man but it is not gonna be ready. Block won't start getting built until late next week when parts get back from coating and the entire intake manifold side piping is getting redone in 4 inch to match the other side. If it was all Michael and I were working on then it would be possible. But we have to make a living too.

Well I got the rough gasket porting done on the head Saturday. Still a decent amount of work left to do on the head.

2011-10-01110202.jpg

2011-10-01140927.jpg

Max, Make sure you leave enough meat to get a 60 degree angle below that 45. Preferably .100" width on that 60.

Can't wait to see it run. :D

Me too cant stand seeing it in pieces anymore..... It should have 9's on fuel and better temps we hope.......

Max, Make sure you leave enough meat to get a 60 degree angle below that 45. Preferably .100" width on that 60.

Zack what area are you referring to? The only area that got me a little nervous is the stud protrusions in the intake galleys. Not a lot of meat left there smoothed. They are gone anyway but I was careful.