Hamilton 12 valve head pics!

Thanks to Keating for getting this to me. A lot of people go to the SMT rocker system to keep the rocker pedestal deflection to a minimum. That is a lot of money, and with this valve cover to stabilize the rocker pedestals and some more affordable Harland Sharpe rockers you will get the performance with half the cost. Very worthwhile performance product!

DSC_0638.jpg

DSC_0667.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

Last edited:
A pic is worth a thousand words.....

Looks great Zach, I plan on grabbing the one piece valve cover as well. Need to frame that picture!

Damn that cover is sweet. What are they retailing for? Any pics of how you guys are running the injector lines?

Last edited:
have you used the Harland Sharpe rockers ? just curious on feedback. We had no gains with them. back to back

have you used the Harland Sharpe rockers ? just curious on feedback. We had no gains with them. back to back

Rockers just amplify what you already have. If you have crap and you go with a higher ratio of amplification, you have a more crap than with the stock ratio.

It doesn't matter the brand as long as the ratio is what is needed, they don't deflect too much, they reduce friction and they weigh as little as possible to reduce mass. at one point we were going to come out with a rocker but we are just too busy with other products and people have some decent stuff on the market.....SMT or with this Cover, Harland.

Consider me ricer then cause they look nice. I don't plug stuff that won't benefit you or doesn't work, but on the 12v there is a definite benefit with this cover. Unless you have the SMT setup, you need one.

Last edited:
This one is not but Keating is reworking them to make some small changes so that one o-ring is needed and there is cross-ventilation. I don't make a penny from Keating or Harland from the plug, I just want to help people that have a good product at a good price. I have seen some cams loose .075" lift at the valve from rocker arm pedestal deflection negating any additional lift or duration you might have gained from higher ratios. With heads that did not flow well at .600"-.800" loosing a little was not as big a deal, but with the head that wants more lift, any deflection in the valvetrain is costing you flow.

Since .050" to .075" is not unheard of for deflection you could potentially gain more lift from one of these covers than from a 1.7 to a 1.8 ratio rocker.

Last edited:
Zach, can you run the stock 12V valve covers with this head? How about the 24V valve cover?

Nice work guys, keep those cool pictures coming.

Hats off to you guys porting heads frequently. This one is my 1st and I have about 20 hours in it and maybe 4 more to go. The back, nose and eyes are starting to feel it lol. I would do another one but not anytime soon.

I did gasket match my manifold with the same tools prior to this. Ill call that crash coarse training lol.

Last edited: