Hamilton 12 valve head pics!

Forrest I accept your opinion but will have to not take that advise. I'll have enough for it in 2 weeks plus my ricearoni hood LOL buying that turbo has me a little low on money for the head this week.

Forrest I accept your opinion but will have to not take that advise. I'll have enough for it in 2 weeks plus my ricearoni hood LOL buying that turbo has me a little low on money for the head this week.

But just think how much air you can force into it now! :ft:

Thanks Zach for sticking with this project, most would have given up. Please get mine sent, I want to run one soon. I have a fresh 6.7L engine that needs a new head.:Cheer:

So where is the max flow on these heads/ engines? I've heard of tractor pullers "over porting a head". Will there come a point with these heads that that could happen now that there is an option to open them wayyy up without hitting water?

Thanks Zach for sticking with this project, most would have given up. Please get mine sent, I want to run one soon. I have a fresh 6.7L engine that needs a new head.:Cheer:

No problem, I'm thankful I was able to see this one through. Call me when you are ready. I think these things will top out at around 350cfm with some larger valves that will be possible with the larger bore you are running.

As far as too much head, I think that could be the case if you mis-match the head to the charger, cam, displacement and the rpm range.

One of the things we are seeing is that swirl changes quite a bit with valve angles. Also, the more we raise the roof, air starts to enter the cylinder on all sides which slows swirl. As the intake port roof is as cast, the air favors the side of the valve on the exhaust side. When it enters it hits the wall of the cylinder at a slight enough angle that it induces a good bit of swirl. The 24v has almost half the swirl of the 12v, and our head in stock fashion, is just behind the 24v. One cool thing we are seeing is that at .675" both swirl and flow peak. Cam profile will be super important to making power with this head knowing what the port shape dictates. That is a .381" lift intake at the cam if a 1.7 rocker is used.

Different pistons and more attention to timing and injector/piston interaction is going to be very important ;) power bands are about to be shifted!

Zach

Last edited:
So now that this guy is done is the CR head next? Looks super sexy btw!

of course it is.

We are trying to decide which way to turn. The port design was done until we thought about moving the connector tube out of the way and feeding the injector though the valve cover and using duramax bodies. The downside is that the entire feed line would have to be EDM modified. The duramax injectors might limit fuel potential, connector tubes limit air potential. This last head was built milling out the port, building it up with epoxy and machining and remachining until the flow was where Greg wanted, combine that with me and a gallon of bondo and a bunch of sandpaper. Shoestring budget is an understatement. That was CMM'd, I lived overseas for 1.5 months as I worked with engineers and boom a head. This 24v project is going to cost a LOT more due to design difficulty.

Stay tuned.

Zach

of course it is.

We are trying to decide which way to turn. The port design was done until we thought about moving the connector tube out of the way and feeding the injector though the valve cover and using duramax bodies. The downside is that the entire feed line would have to be EDM modified. The duramax injectors might limit fuel potential, connector tubes limit air potential. This last head was built milling out the port, building it up with epoxy and machining and remachining until the flow was where Greg wanted, combine that with me and a gallon of bondo and a bunch of sandpaper. Shoestring budget is an understatement. That was CMM'd, I lived overseas for 1.5 months as I worked with engineers and boom a head. This 24v project is going to cost a LOT more due to design difficulty.

Stay tuned.

Zach

I'm sure I'm missing something but what about elevating the feed side of the tube port? Would think you could get away with minor modifications to the tube end though would still require at least mods to the spacer and or valve cover.

Hmm its almost 2 am perhaps I should stop thinking out loud.

Anyways Zach the new heads look great and look forward to what you may come up with for the CR's..

Thanks, we are looking at all options right now. There are tradeoffs in almost any scenario.

Thank you zach..... You've done an amazing thing for us 12v junkies.

Keep up the good work.

We greatly appreciate the effort, keep it going.