Hamilton 12 valve head pics!

I go to put my eyes and hands on one today an all I gotta say is WOW these are one super super nice piece!!!

Awesome head just put it next to HRD Mikes highly ported stock head and no comparison in port and valley sizes. Looking forward to seeing the results in the future.

Awesome head just put it next to HRD Mikes highly ported stock head and no comparison in port and valley sizes. Looking forward to seeing the results in the future.

Meaning the hamilton is looking better than the highly ported stocker in all regards?

dumb question? why is it not machined for fire rings?

Not everyone wants it fire ringed.
Also they make many different size fire rings. so........

I'm sure they will do it for you upon request.

Meaning the hamilton is looking better than the highly ported stocker in all regards?

Yes, you can tell without instruments it is a big improvement on intake and exhaust side vs a highly ported head. The crazy thing is you can still take off a bunch of meat on Hamilton's head if you wanted to go at it.

while Michael's head on his truck is ported more than Max's, no, there's no comparason! Zach's cylinder head has metal where there isn't metal on the stocker... not many people are capable of fixing that problem :eek:

I was comparing hamiltons to mikes highly ported head side by side today, the intake runners are night and day. Exhaust is bigger but not by a huge amount. But hamiltons exhaust port has a ton of meat around it to play with lol.

Things like this make me want to build a 12v more and more! That is one nice looking piece.

keatings defeats the point of a one piece i want the ventalation out of one hole,Not six.
SMTs is more of what i was looking to make but was unsure on how i wanted to secure it to the head. I wont spend 600 on a valve cover though

Not sure WTF you are even talking about. For one the Keating piece has no CCV's at all in it. And for two, the individual valve covers are not sealed from each other. One vented will vent the entire engine unless you exceed it's flow capacity. You do not even need any vented like the Keating if you vent the tappet cover or the front cover.

The new Hamilton head looks/sounds amazing!! Bravo:clap:.

How do you guys think it compares to the Indy D-12 aluminum or billet steel 12-valve head?

http://www.indyheads.com/cummins.html

The only place I know for detailed info on it: http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/dodge/1101dp_aluminum_cummins_cylinder_heads/index.html

The Indy is supposed to start at 300 cfm and go up from there.

The Indy has an MSRP of $7,995.00 though. The Hamilton head is suppose to be $2,000.00 or less right. Thats a no-brainer for me, Hamilton!

-If a mod doesnt think I should have mentioned the Indy head in the Hamilton section, please delete my post. Thanks.

the Hamilton street head won't see $2k for a while... Zach has more invested in this cylinder head than most people have invested in their houses! (and I'm talking most board ballers, not most board MEMBERS) Hell, I'm pretty sure he lived in his shop for a while to make it happen! LOL

it might take a few batches before the price reaches that level
my point is that it's a steal at what he's currently asking and may be asking for the next 2-3yrs

again, not a paid advertiser! not an "official message", just somebody who didn't cut their teeth on ballsacks (like I did back in school), just somebody who's seen all of this go down many times before!

Last edited by a moderator:
In pic #8 i like how thick it is on the bottom, can't tell on the ports but if the walls are thicker we know what's going to happen. Who is going to cut the manifold off one? I wish my head porter had one now to look at!

Jim

The new Hamilton head looks/sounds amazing!! Bravo:clap:.

How do you guys think it compares to the Indy D-12 aluminum or billet steel 12-valve head?

http://www.indyheads.com/cummins.html

The only place I know for detailed info on it: http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/dodge/1101dp_aluminum_cummins_cylinder_heads/index.html

The Indy is supposed to start at 300 cfm and go up from there.

The Indy has an MSRP of $7,995.00 though. The Hamilton head is suppose to be $2,000.00 or less right. Thats a no-brainer for me, Hamilton!

-If a mod doesnt think I should have mentioned the Indy head in the Hamilton section, please delete my post. Thanks.

Last time i seen that head in person i was not impressed.
The rep for indy did not seem like it was a big deal to them. He also said it was not a head that would see street time.

The rep for indy did not seem like it was a big deal to them. He also said it was not a head that would see street time.

and it wasn't/won't

the Indy head is a pure competition solid head... Hamilton's head will dominate pure compeition and street classes IMO

Things like this make me want to build a 12v more and more! That is one nice looking piece.

Not sure WTF you are even talking about. For one the Keating piece has no CCV's at all in it. And for two, the individual valve covers are not sealed from each other. One vented will vent the entire engine unless you exceed it's flow capacity. You do not even need any vented like the Keating if you vent the tappet cover or the front cover.

I didnt see any vents on the keating version.

I just wanted a valve cover like smts cover. Just my personal preference

Anyone on here running an Indy head? Comp only or on a street truck? I havent heard a damn thing about it really.

I cant wait for feedback from members here running the Hamilton head on their trucks:woohoo:.