Hamilton 12 valve head pics!

Huge accomplishment, looks awesome!

That said, all this talk of newfound airflow and all? yes it flows great out of the box, but have people not been porting heads to similar flow ratings for years? I'm sure with porting you can gain even more with this, but I'm just sayin..

not many people are capable of getting 240 out of a 12v head... to just drop off a stock head and pick it up flowing 240 @ .550" is going to cost you more than the Hamilton head costs IMO.

and, again, that's as-cast! an hour with some sanding rolls and man...

forrest?

cylinder_head_porting.jpg

Its on my list of things to buy along with a 188 cam springs and pushrods, this hobby is expensive

Flow numbers are "neat". I look forward to seeing results. Either way anyone not giving kudos to Zach for taking such a large step toward the progression of options for the cummins platform is simply ungrateful. I hope they turn out to make excellent power myself!

not many people are capable of getting 240 out of a 12v head... to just drop off a stock head and pick it up flowing 240 @ .550" is going to cost you more than the Hamilton head costs IMO.

and, again, that's as-cast! an hour with some sanding rolls and man...

I didnt realize the numbers were that good, I had it in my head that it was around 180cfm! That is pretty damn amazing.

This may be on the list for the next motor build. Zach said sub $2k price tag in the future, which is very reasonable.

Also do the new heads have stock sized valves?
How about a 1 piece valve cover to go along with this bad boy?

Last edited:
the valve sizes are not stock. He had some really nice valves made for the head also.

I'm sure a 1 piece cover could be made, though I'm not really sure what the benefit would be

the valve sizes are not stock. He had some really nice valves made for the head also.

I'm sure a 1 piece cover could be made, though I'm not really sure what the benefit would be

Already a one piece valve cover available.

When did it stop? :what:

agreed^^^^
Where is this one piece valve cover available i was getting ready to build my own.
The advantage would be alot easier venting out of the valve covers and a different look.

agreed^^^^
Where is this one piece valve cover available i was getting ready to build my own.
The advantage would be alot easier venting out of the valve covers and a different look.

Haisley Machine. SMT makes it......VERY nice set up and would complement this head very well!!!

Congrats Zach!!! Just looking at the pictures I can see quite a lot of improvements over a stock cast......and I know my eye is not seeing quite a few more stuffed in there!

And a sub $2,000 price tag? That right there is awesome!!!!

like I ****ing told you before (as you obviously have a poor memory)

when I offered you $500, I had never purchased or sold a DPF system before. I was purely trying to point out the fact that this guy was full of ****.

When a REAL buyer came on and showed how much they were really worth, YOU were the one talking about **** YOU have no idea about saying that the EPA was going to somehow track them and that people were cleaning them up and reinstalling them!!!! I called you on that publicly and privately, and YOU were the one that crawfished and didn't acknowledge the fact that YOU didn't know what the **** YOU were talking about!

get some!!!