Hamilton 12 valve head pics!

They went 1.970/1.850. The ports for a 1.850" are different from a 1.970"! All they did was put the big valves in, but they did not do any porting.

Mike, I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve.

It maybe just me but I'm not into the bigger valve thing, I'm more into making what you have flow better and pushing that to the max first, no doubt that this head is far superior to that non-flowing stock crap.

Jim

Stock head on that 848hp run Jim?

THis showcases the inner workings of Greg Young's latest creation for our head, combined with he latest NX goodies

photo1-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo3.jpg

Last edited:
1.97 may be about as large as you would want to go befor you would have to notch the cylinder bore ??

THis showcases the inner workings of Greg Young's latest creation for our head, combined with he latest NX goodies

photo1-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo3.jpg

Omg! That's beautiful!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

beautiful work!

its actually strikingly similar to what mine looks like
2011-02-13_13-18-37_998.jpg

not to hyjack at all, but It will be interesting to see the results of that manifold, going from large tube runners to the rectangular port:rockwoot:

edit, I cant believe no one chimed in and requested that extra tab for the upper left hand corner of the number one intake runner flange!! I would have if I thought about it ...DOH!

Last edited:
Has greg young put that setup on a truck? looks nice, but like a plumbing nightmare!

yes they do look similar. There are only so many ways to make it work.....looks like great minds think alike. One cool thing that he is doing is the radiused entry, which is a nice addition.

I don't believe he has the one with the nitrous on any trucks yet, but the intake by itself, yes.

Stock head on that 848hp run Jim?

Stock head that flows 214 intake/192 exhaust.....848 was on the bottle, 650 on fuel and that was with a 215 pump and a 66 single in 2007!

Same head made 850 on #2 and 873 with water meth using the same 66 above and a S4T (big brother) two years prior, Both were with dragon flow injectors!

Jim

One cool thing that he is doing is the radiused entry, which is a nice addition.

yep I radiused mine quite a bit as well, as much as I could, im actually thinking about asking Greg to send me another flange so I can make another manifold, But this time I would like to angle the runners forward as to reduce the 90* turn.

Also, did Greg modify his flange at all for the tube runners? (besides normal port matching)

anyways, it looks a heck of alot better than mine sittin on that pretty head:Cheer:

I just ran across this thread, I have to say the new head is very nice. It is also amazing to see the amount of knowledge you have on these engines. You are not just building shiny stuff to make money, which is impressive! Also it is cool to see what people are doing with these new heads.

Given the amount of time and energy you spent building this head, why did you not have a different intake side cast, or leave it off entirely for runners? I only ask because the intake side was already cut off a few, and I wish I had the budget to cut mine off.

Anyways thanks for what you are doing for all of us, there is a lot of sacrifice before the payoff. The parting lines on your head look better than the factory ones, no wonder you spent so much time over there. Keep doing what you do and failure will be impossible for you even in a tough economy.

Thank you. The reaon we decided to leave the intake on the side and just improve the shape was that we wanted it to be bolt-on for the street guys. In retrospect, we probably should have just gone stupid with it. Oh well, live and learn.

Dyno graphs, yes we have some. When I get back I will post some up. We have seen 30hp -50hp jumps in the lower rpm range. We are redoing all of the testing when I get my new shop setup at the end of January and we get the fuel pressure resolved on the test truck.

You never know what the customer will actually pay for, it would suck worse to have a block that needed an intake manifold and everyone wanted it to be integrated for the cost... I guess the reality is that people come to you for solid performance upgrades, and are doing larger builds so a custom intake manifold is more normal. Given the cost of prototyping and R&D I would have most likely made the same decision it keeps your target market larger meaning a faster potential payback of your investment.

Thank you. The reason we decided to leave the intake on the side and just improve the shape was that we wanted it to be bolt-on for the street guys. In retrospect, we probably should have just gone stupid with it. Oh well, live and learn.

Dyno graphs, yes we have some. When I get back I will post some up. We have seen 30hp -50hp jumps in the lower rpm range. We are redoing all of the testing when I get my new shop setup at the end of January and we get the fuel pressure resolved on the test truck.

Actually it's smart, go medium then full tilt then last cut thee manifold off and go crazier on a stock head, get one of these and use the manifold and go medium or full till and last cut the manifold off and go to the hilt......I see 6 options.

Jim

I agree with you Jim, but consumers aren't wanting mild heads. Most of the people that call want a runner maifold and a 300cfm intake port on their street truck with a 62mm s300.

If you look at the flow charts with an unported head, cut .060" off to put the valves in the cylinder and a 30 degree intake, the flow is off the charts in the lower lift ranges. It starts to get close to some really nice 24v heads. With the mild clean up job, not the full tilt port job, the velocity is amazing for street trucks. Throttle response, smoke reductions etc. This is what I recommend for most street trucks due to the fact that they have no more than .520" lift at the valve. With a street cam, 45 degree intake angles are pissing in the wind. Sure it will flow better at .700" lift, but you will never get there.

For all out pulling trucks, a full port job without the factory intake is in order. Sure you will lose a lot of velocity at the lower lifts due to a port that is 50% larger, and in turn lose throttle response, but how many pullers do you know that are worried about their performance at 1,500 rpm?

My plans have changed. My head flows at
Here are the flow numbers for the Hamilton head taken at 28"
Stock head, stock valves
Intake Exhaust

Lift********* CFM Lift********* CFM
.100******* 75.2 .100******** 70.9
.200****** 128.8 .200******* 122.3
.300****** 173.1 .300******* 170.3
.400****** 219.5 .400******* 188.6
.500****** 245.4 .500******* 192.6
.600****** 256.8 .600******* 199.5

I'll post flow numbers after things have been adjusted.:rockwoot: