havein problems with dd clutch

Someone needs to change the thread title to havin' problems with the way I treat my rig!

For posterity's sake how many clutches did you abuse the fawk out of? And how did you treat the others? I find it kinda hard to believe that normal sane driving ruined a bunch of clutches.

Maybe somebody can learn me different.

Someone needs to change the thread title to havin' problems with the way I treat my rig!

For posterity's sake how many clutches did you abuse the fawk out of? And how did you treat the others? I find it kinda hard to believe that normal sane driving ruined a bunch of clutches.

Maybe somebody can learn me different.

Nope i think the hammer found the nail here...

I had a guy driving for me that could go through a clutch in a week. He had his CDL class A, was in his 50s and said he knew how to drive a standard. I bet if I let him keep driving it would have been 8 clutches too. How would a problem with the tranny cause the clutch to go bad with vibrations and could you feel it while driving? Maybe it wasn't his fault...

yeah i was very hard on the other clutchs. but that hasent been the case on the new ones. i got tired of replacing them so i have takin it easy on the rest i dont understand how it could be driver error. the tranny does have vibration but what tranny dont and its not crazy vibrations. i just wanted to know if their was anything else that could cause these issues.

I had a guy driving for me that could go through a clutch in a week. He had his CDL class A, was in his 50s and said he knew how to drive a standard. I bet if I let him keep driving it would have been 8 clutches too. How would a problem with the tranny cause the clutch to go bad with vibrations and could you feel it while driving? Maybe it wasn't his fault...

i dont understand how a tranny could cause this either. i dont see how but maybe i am doin somethin wrong.

most dual discs are not rated for 900 plus HP, maybe you should have bought a triple disc. Ive owned many hot rods in my life, and I have never tore up a clutch. It not always the hp that tears them up, its the lack of common sence, loose nut behind the wheel, or driver ability. So all these factors have to be considered as well, Just cause your clutch is rated for xxx hp, does not mean as long as you don't go over that you should be able to do anything and it will be ok. Kuddo's to SB if they warrantied all those clutches, I believe I would have stopped after the second one.

most dual discs are not rated for 900 plus HP, maybe you should have bought a triple disc. Ive owned many hot rods in my life, and I have never tore up a clutch. It not always the hp that tears them up, its the lack of common sence, loose nut behind the wheel, or driver ability. So all these factors have to be considered as well, Just cause your clutch is rated for xxx hp, does not mean as long as you don't go over that you should be able to do anything and it will be ok. Kuddo's to SB if they warrantied all those clutches, I believe I would have stopped after the second one.

Good call Dan!

I got a dual disk ceramic in my truck rated for 900 from valair an my truck laid down 436/1010 @ dynodays in vancouver....... u my friend need to upgrade.... because your driving style an motor hp are to blame.... running bare minimum and abusing it is what's causing the problem here...

I would imigiane there has to be something wrong with the tranny after that many clutches and abuse. Maybe something is tweaked or warped in the case.

I would imigiane there has to be something wrong with the tranny after that many clutches and abuse. Maybe something is tweaked or warped in the case.

I was thinking with all the ABUSE on the the early clutches.... Is the flywheel warped?

I have a DD, pull 27K all day long with 50k miles on the clutch and its holding up fine. IMHO its driver imput, not a SB problem. I have been driving manual trans for 35yrs and I think MAYBE, I might be on my 4th clutch. If you are having that much trouble with the truck, I know where there is a good home for it. I promise you one thing its a machine, you can not abuse it the way you are in the vidoes and expect it to NOT break.

wow guy again i dont race dont pull and dont dyno anymore. i baby the truck those vids are from two years ago.

when you go through 8 clutchs........your doing it wrong

what is breaking on the clutches? they just arent working anymore, or are springs falling out of them, are the faces burned........